Crysis 1. Windows 10. Compatible?

by spinned

Original Post

Crysis 1. Windows 10. Compatible?

★★★ Newbie

Crysis 1 not starting on Windows 10.  Just a black screen with the message "Crysis has stopped working."  Switching to Windows 7 compatibility mode didn't fix the problem.  Steam didn't have the built in compatibility patch, and file editing techniques disabled part of the functionality of the game.  So I thought I would give Origin a try.  No built in Windows 10 patch.  Is Crysis 1 compatible with Windows 10 or is it time to give up on this game, cut my losses and request a refund?

Message 1 of 3 (786 Views)

Re: Crysis 1. Windows 10. Compatible?

Community Manager

Hey @spinned I have seen a number of users who had issues running Crysis on Windows 10 fix the issue by trying the steps in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/Color-Bit-Depth/m-p/5583228

If you can try it and let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 3 (752 Views)

Re: Crysis 1. Windows 10. Compatible?

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for your reply.  I don't have any issues with starting and running EA Origin, just this particular game.  I followed the link you provided and my settings were already at the settings recommended in the link (32-bit color 60hz).  Oh well, I'll just request a refund.  While web searching I found an article on some obscure forum (don't remember the name), and they posted a link to a popular reputable Polish game client that has the 1.2.1 patch for Windows 10 included in the game download.  I'll give that a try since they said that the client works in the U.S.

Message 3 of 3 (735 Views)