Re: Critical Update Required

by Straatford87

Original Post

Critical Update Required

★★★ Novice

Couple weeks ago Origin had an update. Before this update I had to download a 92MB packet before Origin would load. Now it is 130MB and when it finishes and Origin tries to load I repeatedly get an error that says Disconnected: Critical update required. No matter how many times I click restart and it downloads that 130MB AGIAN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN!!  It don't work. I have tried Reinstalling.  I have tried manually deleting everything on my computer with the word origin in it and reinstalling. Don't Work. I have tried EVERYTHING short of formatting my whole damn computer just to get Origin to work.  I have 2TB of stuff on my computer totaling OVER 300 pieces of software and the only thing that does not work is ORIGIN!  So please tell me now how its a problem with my computer and not your crappy software.  Sorry but yes I am pissed I have to deal with this * every time you update!

Message 1 of 7 (3,381 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is exactly what is happening with mine aswell! i can't find any answers

Message 2 of 7 (3,370 Views)

★★★ Expert

If you have Windows XP or Windows Vista, please Manually Uninstall Origin. When that is done, download and install Origin Legacy.

If you have any other operating system:

Manually Uninstall Origin.

Clean you registry using CCleaner

Do a Clean Boot.

Download Origin Here.

Locate the installer, it's called "OriginThinSetup.exe" Right click on that file and choose Run As Administrator.

Run Origin as Administrator.

Let us know if that gets Origin working for you.

Message 3 of 7 (3,360 Views)

★★★ Novice

Umm, Yeah..  Tried exactly that and now origin wont even install. Now I get an error that I need an internet connection to install. EA is such a failure. 

Message 4 of 7 (3,350 Views)

★★★ Expert

Origin does need an internet connection to install. If you are connected, something is blocking it. Help Origin connect to the Internet.

Message 5 of 7 (3,337 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have cable internet. I am always online. The only thing that claims im not online is Origin. The only thing on my computer that does not work is Origin. I have over 300 programs installed and all work perfect.. you guessed it.. except Origin. Everything EA touches goes to *. Look what they did to Pogo.com.  I rest my case.

Message 6 of 7 (3,330 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Adaun

Something on your system is blocking your connection to Origin. Having 300 programs installed on your system is too much for us to go through. Instead, you can use the following article as an indication as to what could be causing the problem:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/programs-that-may-cause-conflicts-with-origin/

Message 7 of 7 (3,315 Views)