Re: Controllers on Origin

by Equalliser

Original Post

Controllers on Origin

★★★★★ Novice

hi,

i use my controller on Madden absolutely fine however it never works on FIFA - using a PS4 controller. it occasional works - but diagonally selects options when i'm trying to navigate left and right through the FIFA start menu.

why do all other gaming platforms have controller settings in their app and Origin does not?

anyone can shed a little light?

Message 1 of 7 (580 Views)

Community Manager

Are you using a third party software to get your PS4 controller working on Origin @Equalliser ?

If so the best thing to do is reach out to them to see what they recommend as we cannot offer support for issues with third-party software.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (556 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am not... should I?

i was hoping to plug in and play like most other gaming platforms

Message 3 of 7 (545 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Equalliser if you are not using any third party software then that is great. Are you using the controller connected with a cable or a wireless adapter?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 7 (523 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hey Darko,

Yes indeed I am!

plugged in via cable (PS4 controller)

Message 5 of 7 (508 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Soooooo, thanks for the response.... haven't been waiting 2 weeks or anything.

I am assuming controllers just don't work for most of the games on Origin? I have seen multiple posts now by other users with similar issues and 0 resolutions to the problem.

Do i need an xbox controller? is it an issue because i use a PS4 controller?

What third party software do others use? As your internal software simply doesn't work... except for Madden19.. which is incredibly frustrating 24 games and I can only play one with a controller.... 

First person shooter i don't really care for using a controller... but FIFA, Anthem, Darksiders 3 - were kinda meant to be played with a controller 

thanks in advance 

Message 6 of 7 (476 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@EqualliserI don't think that origin really care about their customers. From what I have seen online, this controller issue is been going on for years and still no solution. if i don't find a way to use my controller i will just cancel my account

Message 7 of 7 (350 Views)