Re: Constant sign-in

by drdjy66

Original Post

Constant sign-in

★ Novice

I keep checking the box to keep me signed in and you (Origin) keep prompting me to sign in.

Is there an issue understanding this simple premise of "keep me signed in"?

Please let me know if there is a problem understanding this simple premise and I will happily explain what "keep me signed in" means until you comprehend.

What I want is a solution to being constantly prompted to sign in when I have elected to not be constantly prompted to sign in.

Note: I am not interested in opinions, political ideas or respondents that "are not sure... but". Forum reputation farmers will be reported. I am interested only in a genuine technical solution.

Message 1 of 3 (242 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @drdjy66  the only posts you need to report are ones which breach the AHQ user rules and guidelines. Just because a user may post with something that is not the solution for you does not mean that there is a need to report it, it can often be the case that you have to try a couple of things to fix an issue.

Generally, if Origin is not keeping you signed in when you have selected the option to then this points to an issue with your browser. Do you have your browser set up to clear the cache/browsing history when you exit out of it? If so can you disable the option and then see if Origin keeps you logged in. 

What you can also try is opening up your Origin account settings (https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/security/index) and from here remove all trusted devices and then log back in on the Origin app to see if your details are remembered. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 3 (201 Views)

★ Novice

I'm sorry if I misunderstand but your response appears worthless.

What part of:

Note: I am not interested in opinions, political ideas or respondents that "are not sure... but". Forum reputation farmers will be reported. I am interested only in a genuine technical solution.

I am using the Origin client. Not a web browser. However no I have no web browser on my games computer setup to clear cache or setup to run in private mode or incognito mode.

The fact is the Origin client is broken and has been for a while. No generic support response is going to solve that.

The best way to solve this is to fix the actual issue instead of constantly providing nonsense responses to support requests.

Message 3 of 3 (169 Views)