Connect used game

by Swit5552

Original Post

Connect used game

★★★★★ Novice

Used NHL 18 bought from gamestop won't connect online there are no server problems.  Old owners info still on game

Message 1 of 12 (651 Views)

Re: Connect used game

Community Manager

Hey @Swit5552 I assume you purchased a disc version of the game, as such if you launched it on your console then the only accounts there would be accounts you added. 

Is it a case that your Gamertag is linked to an EA account of which you do not know the details?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 12 (616 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for responding.. I see my gamer tag name top right and it's logged in and works for new ea sports games. If I hit the X it shows the EA Sports NHL 18  option with an icon button next to it. If I press that icon it shows Ragtag#2681 info whom I assume was the previous owner of the game

Message 3 of 12 (592 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes physical disc

Message 4 of 12 (591 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes physical disc the help screen skips the xbox live status really quick goes to nhl help screen

Message 5 of 12 (570 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Swit5552 a disc cannot store any account details, as such if you are seeing a Gamertag onscreen then it is one that you created or added to your system. 

Did you by any chance purchase the console second hand?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 12 (553 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko
Nope and my other games are fine. I think the I icon next to my game is for ShortyxZOSE so I clicked it and I'm reporting him and his friends as fraud.
Message 7 of 12 (548 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Someone's buying the games selling them back and still using them which I believe blocks my online connection for just nhl 18

Message 8 of 12 (541 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Swit5552 what you are suggesting is not possible. A game disc is read-only meaning that it is not possible for you or any other user to save data to the disc. If you are seeing a Gamertag listed on your system or it is bringing up a Gamertag when you enter your email then this is an account that you have added to your account or linked to your EA Account. The best thing to do is to go through your email accounts to see if you can locate this Gamertag.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 12 (528 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I just got game in mail yesterday 

Message 10 of 12 (502 Views)