Re: Compromised account

by DannyDimo

Original Post

Compromised account

★★ Novice

Hi, about 2 weeks ago I got kicked from an Apex Legends match with the message saying I have been banned. I contacted EA help and after their investigation they said I violated their Terms of Service with a list of possible violations committed. I followed up saying I didn't commit any of those possible accusations and they said that their investigation was correct and will no longer proceed with the matter. A few days ago I emailed again saying I didn't breach their terms of service, they then emailed me back saying my account was compromised and I needed to schedule an appointment with an agent. Yesterday I spoke with the agent who said I got banned because my account got hacked into. They cleared the sanction from my account after all security steps were taken. I played Apex Legends for roughly 20 minutes only to be kicked with the message saying I have been banned. I emailed EA help again and they told me again that my account was compromised and I needed to schedule a live chat with an agent. The agent cleared the sanction again. I haven't tried getting back into apex legends because I don't want to be banned again for no reason. What are the possible causes for this issue? It only happens on apex legends. I played Battlefield V for 30 mins and I never got banned from that.
I changed my password on my email account and activated a 2 step verification, updated my EA account security questions and activated a log in verification. I got avast to run a full scan on my PC and no threats were detected.

I played fortnite to also test if it was the easy anti cheat program detecting something on my PC but I didnt get banned from fortnite either. Please help as I do not know what else to do.

Message 1 of 3 (166 Views)

Community Manager

@DannyDimo 

We take account safety seriously. Here are some tips to help make your password, security question, and other account information more secure.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/how-to-maintain-account-security

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 3 (160 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I took all those steps mentioned in that link the first time and I still got banned from Apex Legends within 20mins of playing it. Its only happening with Apex Legends and not any other origin game.

EDIT: Just got banned from apex legends again after about 30 minutes play time. I played Start wars battlefront 2 and Battlefield V for a few hours before hand and not a single issue. Why is it only happening with Apex Legends? It cant be Easy Anti cheat because I tested fortnite out for 2 hours and no ban. My account isnt being compromised either because I have two step verification using google authenticator. I just changed my EA password again.

Message 3 of 3 (127 Views)