Re: Compatibility warning due to high DPI settings

by agentash

Original Post

Compatibility warning due to high DPI settings

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I use special high DPI settings in Origin because otherwise it looks blurry on my display. And now every time I start it, it gives me a completely useless warning about possible issues with compatibility. It's a visual change, it can't (and doesn't) cause any issues. This needs to be fixed.

Update for clarity:

I'm using Windows 10 with system scale at 125% because that's what is comfortable for my monitor and how it's placed (I'm obviously using the monitor's native resolution). Since Origin is a "classic" app, like all of those it gets blurry at this scale. And, like with all other apps, I use the built-in high-DPI settings feature (right click > Properties > Compatibility > Change high DPI settings). Origin is so far the only application I've seen that is silly enough to consider high DPI settings a possible source of compatibility issues and gives out a warning when those settings are changed whenever its launched.

Message 1 of 3 (235 Views)

★ Guide

What display are you using?  Size and its native resolution?  Your only killing yourself using high resolution, your monitor should have

listed its native resolution and should be crystal clear at that resolution, unless you are using a TV thats high in dpi (resolution maybe 4k? i dont know) and your upscaling

the game to that will be blurry and making the resolution on the game higher to match a huge TV your better off watching it blurry as your frame rate would drop to nearly nothing.

Message 2 of 3 (225 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@PumPumBustaI didn't say anything about games, this is a bug report concerning Origin application itself.

This has nothing to do with display resolution or games. All applications that post-1803 Windows 10 considers "classic" get blurry if you're using system scale over 100% (this option can be found under Display > Make everything bigger). I use 125% because that's what is comfortable for my monitor and how it's placed (I'm obviously using the monitor's native resolution).

In order to fix blurry apps at high system scale Windows has a built-in high-DPI feature (right click > Properties > Compatibility > Change high DPI settings). Origin is so far the only application I've seen that is silly enough to consider high DPI settings a possible source of compatibility issues and gives out a warning when those settings are changed whenever its launched.

Also, everything looks just fine. The pointless warning is the only issue.

Message 3 of 3 (217 Views)