Re: Companion App - Buy Now Bug - Transfer Market

by JoeNewson

Original Post

Companion App - Buy Now Bug - Transfer Market

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I was using the Companion app on the transfer market. Saw a player with the bid on 20k and clicked on place bid, the app froze for a couple of seconds and then displayed the message - “congratulations you have won this item” which was for its buy now price of 130K?!? It didn’t not let me confirm any bid etc, just automatically bought the player at its buy now price. Bare in mind I could of bought the player at a buy now price of 65K anyway. 

Ive tried to contact EA support team but they will not help at all, they just say post it on a forum and basically hope for the best.

im now 65k down for no reason what so ever apart from the fact that EA’s companion app is buggy as!

luckily it was only 65k but if it happens to anyone else playing the game for a much greater amount, they’ll be fuming!

Find a solution for this EA and put 65K back into my account please, cheers

Message 1 of 5 (324 Views)

Community Manager

@JoeNewson Sorry to say but we are unable to offer assistance for accidental purchases, we would always suggest that you triple check and then double check before submitting a bid as once submitted there is nothing that can be done to reverse or refund it.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (289 Views)

★ Novice

Haha this wasn’t an “accidental purchase” as I never chose to purchase this player as a buy now. This is another case of an EA product being glitchy/buggy, causing customers to lose out and then EA Customer Services/Advisors not giving an ounce of care to their customers or their issues. Typical EA haha👍🏻😂!

Message 3 of 5 (283 Views)

Community Manager

@JoeNewson I understand how frustrating it can be but it is not possible to stop, refund or return and accidental purchase or sale. 

It is also not possible for the what you described to occur, the app will not make a purchase without your selecting ti. If you accidentally bought an item then this would be a case that you have accidentally hit buy now.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 5 (274 Views)

★ Novice

Darko I’m not bothered about being refunded... it was 65K. However, EA need to look into their app as it’s buggy and could result in other players losing a far greater amount of money. 

Maybe I’m not making myself clear, so I’ll make it as transparent as possible for you.

I was on the companion app on the transfer market, I searched for a player where the bid was at 20k. I selected bid 20k, your app froze for around about 3-4 seconds and then displayed the following message - “congratulations, you have won this item” and stated that I had bought the item for its buy now value of 130K.

Let me assure you that your app is far from perfect - it freezes/crashes frequently and therefore it is very possible for the above to happen, as that is literally what happened to me.

There was no “accidental purchase” as A. I never clicked “buy now” and B. I was never given the option to confirm my “buy now”. I’ve attached a photo of what should happen had I of clicked “buy now” - this never ever ever happened.

I’m under no illusions that this issue will more than likely just be swept under the carpet however, this is a genuine issue that has the potential to cost players 1,000,000’s of coins.

Message 5 of 5 (259 Views)