Cloud saves lost!

by Elessar2929

Original Post

Cloud saves lost!

★★ Novice

Hello,

I played and completed Dragon Age: Inquisition a few years ago and decided to return to the game now to play the DLCs and maybe start new run. 

Since then I have changed machines and reinstalled Origin and DA:I on my new system. When I first launched the game I got the message: ERROR SYNCING CLOUD STORAGE DATA.

I selected PROCEED (in retrospect that may have been a mistake) and when the game started the option to LOAD GAME was greyed-out.

So I returned to game properties screen on Origin to sync up my save games and saw two things: A) the storage for save games was 1MB/1GB which is suspiciously low and B) the last restore point from my local files was from the day I reinstalled.

No sign anywhere of my saves from my original run!

Also, the game clock was correct at showing 124 hours played and my achievements have not been lost! But the save game has completely disappeared!!

Is there a way to recover it? Why did this happen in the first place. I thought the whole point of cloud saving was exactly to not have to worry about physical backups when reinstalling games etc!

Message 1 of 6 (551 Views)

Re: Cloud saves lost!

Community Manager

@Elessar2929 

It sounds like there could have been an error during a save for the game when you previously played it, perhaps due to a brief connectivity issue or with the PC/game shutting down during a save. 

Do you have Cloud Saves still enabled in your Origin client's Application Settings?

Try clearing the cache for your Origin client with these steps.

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 6 (524 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply, but it didn't work. I cleared the cache and still no saves. Yes I have Cloud saves enabled. 

Aren't the saves stored on a server? Can EA technical support retrieve them?

Message 3 of 6 (512 Views)

Community Manager

@Elessar2929 

I'm afraid this is data we're not able to retrieve and recover for your account, I'm sorry, @Elessar2929 

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 6 (493 Views)

★★ Novice

I have tried a number of fixes from around the internet and from the EA help center, none worked.

I am now pretty sure that the saves have been lost which is disappointing to say the least as Cloud saving is supposed to be safe!

Just for closure, is their a way of seeing a log of my saves and or play sessions from around the last time I played to see what went wrong? 

I was hoping to get a definitive "your saves have been deleted because {Insert reason here}" from someone, instead of maybes and probably.

Message 5 of 6 (456 Views)

Community Manager

@Elessar2929 

I'm afraid there isn't a log to view in game or through Origin from the client side. It's terrible to hear what happened to your saves as I know for a game like that, when you've invested a lot of time into the game it's tough to start over from scratch. We hope this doesn't stop you from jumping back into the game again though and we'll make sure experiencing like this are passed along to the Origin team as feedback to ensure saves aren't lost or potentially recoverable in future updates.

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 6 (438 Views)