Re: Cities Skylines wont launch!

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cities Skylines wont launch!

★★★ Newbie

Cities: Skylines seemingly crashes within moments of me launching it.  I see the icon flash in my taskbar showing the app is opening ever so briefly, and then it vanishes.  Fully deleted, redownloaded, problem persisted for a few more attempts and then seemingly corrected.  I got a little bit of play time out of the game and then the next day it was back to the same issue.  I will not continue to delete and reinstall just so I can hope that it launches that one out of a hundred attempts.

Fully up to date

no mods

multiple DLC's purchased

running on Windows 10 (also fully updated)

Computer far and away exceeds the recommended specs

Played perfectly fine 72hrs ago

Two entries into the Origin Error Reporter and not so much as a confirmation email for the errors reported.  Also no contact from Origin on the issue.

Please help!

Message 1 of 9 (7,494 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @RBob hopefully it's working for you now and it doesn't decide to stop again.

As the game is not an EA title there's not a lot we can do support wise beyond basic troubleshooting. As such if the issue continues  then it's no harm taking a look at Paradox Interactive's support which you can find here: https://support.paradoxplaza.com/hc/en-us/categories/200224688-Cities-Skylines

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (7,354 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
@Canukked how long did you spend in game before the problem, and when you begin to play and had problems was it the same day?
Message 2 of 9 (7,422 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Canukked as Cities: Skyline is not an EA game then the support we can offer is limited.

Can you grab us a DxDiag so that I can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 9 (7,410 Views)

★★ Novice

hi Darko i have the same problem and hoped it was an overplaying issue of some sort but tday still doesnt work Frown im sorry to bump in here but ive done as youve asked Canukked to do

Message 4 of 9 (7,401 Views)

★★ Novice
@RBob ok so i should have looked befor posting.. sry so a quik update for you Standard smile ive just updated grafix drivers and it loaded ok, thanks for the tips and help.
Message 5 of 9 (7,396 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @RBob.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 9 (7,386 Views)

★★ Novice

sorry to say Darko but nope Frown its back off! the update was fine and helpd i played for an hour or so and then had a break now trying to get back on and its the same a quik flash on screen then nothing.

Message 7 of 9 (7,381 Views)

★★ Novice

haha it goes on, i decided to run a registry program/ cleaner and well its now working but for how long Standard smile.

Message 8 of 9 (7,369 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @RBob hopefully it's working for you now and it doesn't decide to stop again.

As the game is not an EA title there's not a lot we can do support wise beyond basic troubleshooting. As such if the issue continues  then it's no harm taking a look at Paradox Interactive's support which you can find here: https://support.paradoxplaza.com/hc/en-us/categories/200224688-Cities-Skylines

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 9 (7,355 Views)