Child account issues - playing online and adding friends

by CataclysmicStar

Original Post

Re: Child account issues - playing online and adding friends

EA DICE Team

@k613

Chat should be available 24/7. Phone is not. However, you can reach out to us again tomorrow via +44 203 0141818 if you are unable to get the callback system to work.

Message 41 of 69 (2,672 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Many thanks to xtreme081, this worked for my son's account and now he can play NFS.

Cheers

Message 42 of 69 (2,654 Views)

Community Manager

@ash99s90 Glad to hear that, thanks for letting us know what worked for you.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 43 of 69 (2,642 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@xtreme081 wrote:
OK SO I FOUND A SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM! You first must have your own origin account and download the pc origin client. Then you can link your childs gamertag to your own origin account! This worked for me even while my sons gamertag was stuck attached to his underage origin account. Simply open the client and log in to your own account, then go to friends on the top menu bar and choose add friend. Then on the left side click on connect for xbox or playstation. Enter your childs gamertag and password. For me, it showed a message saying no friends found...but it still showed my sons account was linked to mine in the "about me" section under connected accounts! Got on xbox logged in as my son...and BOOM! Finally he can play online!

This worked perfectly! Thanks!

Message 44 of 69 (2,627 Views)

EA DICE Team

@SixT7VDub

Great to hear that the community was able to help you! Thanks for sharing.. Standard smile

Message 45 of 69 (2,619 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm trying to work around this ridiculous limitation, but the proposed method does not work as mij kid had a PC game and not XBOX/PSN. I have created my own Origin account but I cannot add my child's account as a friend, it says "not found".

Is there another way to resolve this?

I cannot believe how STUPID this limitation is! I'm very frustraded about this!

Message 46 of 69 (2,605 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Wurensh

You can reach out to an EA Advisor if your game is registered (by accident) on a wrong account. Make sure to select your region from the top-left corner while setting up your contact.

Message 47 of 69 (2,599 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

sorry for the delay...i actually figured it out shortly after i posted. thanks though!

Message 48 of 69 (2,553 Views)

★★ Novice

I wish I had read this thread before I wasted hours of my time wondering why I couldn't download packs for my child's PC Sims 4 game. I too was honest (I wish I hadn't been!) and gave her correct age when I set up account. It created a child account which it said would have limited features and be linked to my email. So far so good, I thought.

However I came to buy an expansion pack for her account and I couldn't download it through Origin I was a bit confused. I eventually bought it through Amazon and got a code which she could redeem. One problem solved.

However we now want to download the Free Holiday Celebration pack so that she can decorate her SIMS world for Christmas. I have discovered that this free pack is not available through Amazon or any other retailer, only from Origin. And of course, with a child Origin account, you can't download anything from the Origin site. This is just stupid! It's extremely frustrating that because she has a child account I can't download a bit of tinsel and some baubles for her! I am now wondering what other content she will have to miss out on.

It's also frustrating that as a parent you can't manage your child's account in any way.

SIMS 4 is sold with the idea that you can get extra packs, some you pay for and some for free; so it seems to me that it is misleading consumers when this content is not actually available to download. 

And by the way yes I have tried to contact Customer Support but gave up after 10 minutes waiting for an adviser. 

Message 49 of 69 (2,398 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried this solution after searching for hours trying to figure out the problem. When I log onto Origin client and click on Friends in the top menu bar, I do not see any option on the left that asked me to connect to Xbox or Playstation. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?! I bought this game for my son for Christmas and he was really hoping to play multi-player with his friends.

Any help for this frustrated mom would be appreciated!!!

Message 50 of 69 (2,214 Views)