Child account issues - playing online and adding friends

by CataclysmicStar

Original Post

Re: Child account issues - playing online and adding friends

★★★ Novice

Just tried this and as you say BOOM, my child can now play online in Star Wars Battlefront, you're a hero!!

:-)

Message 31 of 69 (3,599 Views)

EA DICE Team

@BalrogBoy

Great to hear that this is working. I hope your child is enjoying the game now.. Party hat

@jhic2214

I updated the solution in this thread and credited you for this information.

Message 32 of 69 (3,590 Views)

★ Novice

Sadly it does not work if you have a PC.

I just bought Fifa 15 with the hope of playing against my 6 year old son now I find I cant even play a game against him.

He has a gamer tag but if I try and change any of the settings it just errors - this is a Microsoft error NOT an EA issue.

It appears you have found a glitch in the system. Please try again later.

date: 30/01/2016 10:00:19 s: 37rK/uVOERt4XXZpCdyyPG7HoXEw6F2WmrZiutm/p5Y= req: 71893d4b-e484-446e-a997-3aff24b305b4

so I cant change his privacy settings. What a faff. 

Message 33 of 69 (3,567 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked for me also.  It SEEMS like it does nothing, but once you go back to your own profile you will see the child's gamertag as a connected account under yours.  After I did this, my child could access Star Wars Battlefront multiplayer!

You actually are logging into their Microsoft account, so I used their email address and password associated with that Xbox gamertag.

Message 34 of 69 (3,539 Views)

★★ Novice

I just realized this when I bought my little sister PVZGW2. I was going to get it on xbox for her, but she wanted to be able to play with me, so I picked up the pc version. She can at least play online, but I can't add her since her account is a gimp account. I can't link like the others since I am not her parent, and I used my dad's email to set it up. If I set up a new account for her, can I have the key transferred to her new account? I can't get a refund since I bought it from a third party, and not Origin. Thanks for the help.

Message 35 of 69 (3,508 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same issue. I can't play PvZGW2 with my son. It really sucks!

Message 36 of 69 (3,500 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
This is the problem I am having. I bought my son Battlefront, and he can't login to the EA servers to gain access to the entire game (online features). I changed his Live account to adult, but when I originally created the EA account for his PvZGW2 game, it was still under child account. So basically I'm going to have to create a whole new EA account for him, and he's going to lose all his saved progress on PvZ?
Message 37 of 69 (3,373 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I still cannot get it to work. It won't find my son's account when I search for friends. Ugh...help!
Message 38 of 69 (3,369 Views)

EA DICE Team

@BarbieBrit

You won't be able to find your son's account because social features are not enabled for minor accounts.

Please reach out an EA Advisor via EA Help to have them walk you through the options to change your account settings.

Message 39 of 69 (3,351 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Straatford87 wrote:

@BarbieBrit

You won't be able to find your son's account because social features are not enabled for minor accounts.

Please reach out an EA Advisor via EA Help to have them walk you through the options to change your account settings.

It isn't 24/7 as it is only online 0900-1700 CT!!  Plus how do I get a callback...??? Not very happy at all.

Message 40 of 69 (3,298 Views)