Chat offline

by Fancy-San

Original Post

Re: Friends List Offline

★★★ Novice

@EA_Darko It's fine, I managed to fix it by uninstalling and reinstalling. The client wasn't working but now it is. Friends list still offline tho..

Message 21 of 44 (2,687 Views)

Chat Offline

★ Novice

Chat Offline, at random times of day chat is offline and i cant invite friends to play, this happens randomly, and it's super annoying, and i have all origin ports open already

Message 22 of 44 (2,695 Views)

login

★★ Novice

I'm logged in into Origin ,  Oct. 2019 - trying to play online NFSR , it tells me to log into EA as well even though I am logged in into both . Tried to play BF4 online , it just won't go online , Chat is offline as well . Tried signing out and back in , nothing's changed .Anybody ? 

Message 23 of 44 (2,662 Views)

Why chat is offline on my pc ??

★★★ Newbie

origin chat is offline also in the game i cant found my friends offline or oniline and i should use VPN to fix it 

Message 24 of 44 (2,662 Views)

Chat offline

★ Novice

reporting the chat offline problems. currently staying in Egypt. i don't know if it is a problem from the ISP or what. i had to add my friends using the origin website cuz the origin software is useless. then proceed to use VPN and the chat is back on. any explanation or solution from the EA support team?

Message 25 of 44 (2,654 Views)

Re: Chat offline

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@EA_Darko same problem, chat / friends list offline most of the time, really annoying Frown tried everything to troubleshoot this, i contacted my ISP multiple times, they say they have no issues and i should contact EA..

when u say its an ISP issue.. what do u suggest the issue is that causes only Origin chat to go offline ? games work fine and also other game clients work fine.. and why does Origin chat comes online at random times and usually when i switch off my router for a couple of minutes (sometimes it doesn't :/), it comes online for a few hours then goes back offline ?

Message 26 of 44 (2,591 Views)

Re: Chat offline

★★★ Newbie

I fixed it!!!!! I put in a new Hard Drive and it worked. So I put my old one in and went to setting / update and security / recovery / reset this PC and keep all files but deletes all apps. After installing origin again after a reinstall it all worked fine just fine. Put all tour games on a spare external hard drive before doing this.

Message 27 of 44 (2,374 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

"hat it works with a VPN would further point to the issue being with the connection or ISP you are using "

you seriously don't have any idea what you're talking about, do you?

Message 28 of 44 (2,262 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @r0caset, if you have an issue with connection be that in-game or part of a program running but said issue is fixed when you turn a VPN on then this would point to a connection or ISP issue. Are you having an issue that you need help with?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 29 of 44 (2,253 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@EA_Darko I made a thread about it in the origin client section, sorry for being angry I'm just disgusted that a multi billion dollar company has so many mundane issues.

Message 30 of 44 (2,242 Views)