Re: Charged twice on PayPal

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Charged twice on PayPal

★★★★★ Novice

I pre-ordered Sims 4: Eco Lifestyle and used paypal to pay, but I've been charged twice?

A pending payment and a pre-aproved payment to Electronic Arts Inc and EA Swiss Karl. 

What's going on?

Message 1 of 11 (8,316 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @michaela981 the second charge is most likely a pre-authorisation. A pre-authorisation is a temporary hold on money in your account which is generally the balance of an item or service you have ordered. This is not a charge and the money does not leave your account, it is just the bank and service provider ensuring that the money is there to cover the order. If you look back over your invoices from your credit card company you will no doubt see that while a certain amount of money was earmarked it was never actually taken from the account.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 11 (8,189 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

Contact EA Support direct for account queries

Message 2 of 11 (8,286 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @michaela981 the second charge is most likely a pre-authorisation. A pre-authorisation is a temporary hold on money in your account which is generally the balance of an item or service you have ordered. This is not a charge and the money does not leave your account, it is just the bank and service provider ensuring that the money is there to cover the order. If you look back over your invoices from your credit card company you will no doubt see that while a certain amount of money was earmarked it was never actually taken from the account.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 11 (8,190 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, but if that is not a CC, then you actually hold DOUBLE that amount in a users bank account.  For me TODAY, that was $100!!!  And I am PISSED!!  That was not what I authorized you to do when I clicked "purchase" for $54.

Message 4 of 11 (6,194 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @misses_d123 for issues with your credit card you will need to speak with your bank or card issuer for info on how payments are handled.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 11 (6,086 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko When do the “order placed” for seeing if the money is there go away? Mine has been on there for a week now. But I already got my games
Message 6 of 11 (5,996 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @DiedT0Live are you seeing this in Origin or PayPal?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 11 (5,952 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issue.  I got two orders to PayPal when I ordered Star Wars Squadrons.  One for the initial price, and then literally three seconds later, a second one with another Transaction ID for the price + tax.  That second one was paid, while the first one remains in Limbo as "Pending".  How long is that going to be listed as "Pending"?  EA has received their money, I have received my game.  If this is a "temporary hold", as you suggest, why would it need to continue as a hold past the time when the transaction was completed?

Message 8 of 11 (3,532 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @duck1545 I would recommend reaching out to PayPal support for more info as to the charge. 

They will be able to advise you further.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 11 (3,514 Views)

★★★ Newbie

https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/orderhistory/index after looking into my payments more. i see that all the supposed charges were failed maybe check in your ea order history to confirm. I am confident ea isnt stupid enough to actually take the money out. it did not leave your account. hope this help!

Message 10 of 11 (2,882 Views)