Change email not working - Verification Bug

by matthewmercer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Change email not working - Verification Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Can't find a way to open a ticket as it redirects me to a phoneline that is closed today...

I've tried updating my email numerous times, been through numerous livechats to no avail, but there is obviously something either bugged with my account or the email update service. I am trying to change my email from an old Hotmail address as I've moved away from it and it has issues recieiving any form of EA email, to a new gmail account.

The issue is, when I go through the procedure to update this, the initial verification email is sent to my gmail not hotmail, despite hotmail being primary (as seen in image 1). This part works fine. I then get a second verification code to the email I'm "changing" to, which is the gmail account. Upon entering the second verification code I am met with this error in image 2. This is the first time I have attempted this in months, it has nothing to do with number of attempts.

[Removed by CM]

I realise this isn't the best place for this, but it seems as though making a ticket has been made virtually impossible, or so well hidden it may as well not exist.

Cheers,

Alex

PS: If you're wondering why the accounts called Matthew Mercer it's a joke, not my real name. Google the dude.

Message 1 of 4 (957 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Change email not working - Verification Bug

Community Manager

Hey @matthewmercer for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (923 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @matthewmercer for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (924 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

you can only request a call back if your in the us, and no non chargeable options seem to be available top contact support wither which kind of defies the "support" idea oh and chat is greyed out Frown

Message 3 of 4 (702 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @apossessedchild you can receive a callback in many other countries outside the US.

If the options to contact are not displaying then please try back later.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (679 Views)