Re: Cant open a game I purchased

by Cantiras

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cant open a game I purchased

★ Novice

So about a month ago I purchased Battlefield 3 premium, this is while I had an EA Play membership active which didnt include the premium version so I purchased the game and cancelled the memebership, now that the membership has ended I cant launch the game, if I try to open it Origin comes up and asks if I want to renew or purchase the game... If I go into the purchase option I see both the base game and the premium version which I bought and it even tells me that I already own it so I dont get whats going on! Please help!

Message 1 of 2 (634 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Did you purchase Battlefield 3 Premium (which does not include the base game) or Battlefield 3 Premium Edition (which includes the base game and the premium membership)? If you made this purchase on Origin (as opposed to a reseller), you can check your order history at https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/orderhistory/index. If you purchased via a reseller, you can probably check your order history with that reseller.

If you purchased Battlefield Premium (membership) and then start to order Battlefield 3 Premium Edition, you will get the notification (your "3.jpg" attachment) about owning some of the content in the order (it will still let you complete the order though); even though it says "game", this particular Origin notification uses the same wording when referring to DLC you already own in a pack.

angelcity.PNG

If you try to buy Battlefield 3 Standard Edition or Premium Edition, and you already own that edition, Origin will only let you buy it as a gift for another user; you don't have the option to buy it for yourself again. Compare this image with your "2.jpg" attachment.

bf3gift.PNG

If you check your order history and it says "Battlefield 3™ Premium Edition", then try updating the game ("Update Game") via Settings (the gear icon) on the game's details page in your Origin library. If that doesn't work, try the "Repair" option in that same settings menu. If that doesn't work, try clearing Origin's cache.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (604 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Did you purchase Battlefield 3 Premium (which does not include the base game) or Battlefield 3 Premium Edition (which includes the base game and the premium membership)? If you made this purchase on Origin (as opposed to a reseller), you can check your order history at https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/orderhistory/index. If you purchased via a reseller, you can probably check your order history with that reseller.

If you purchased Battlefield Premium (membership) and then start to order Battlefield 3 Premium Edition, you will get the notification (your "3.jpg" attachment) about owning some of the content in the order (it will still let you complete the order though); even though it says "game", this particular Origin notification uses the same wording when referring to DLC you already own in a pack.

angelcity.PNG

If you try to buy Battlefield 3 Standard Edition or Premium Edition, and you already own that edition, Origin will only let you buy it as a gift for another user; you don't have the option to buy it for yourself again. Compare this image with your "2.jpg" attachment.

bf3gift.PNG

If you check your order history and it says "Battlefield 3™ Premium Edition", then try updating the game ("Update Game") via Settings (the gear icon) on the game's details page in your Origin library. If that doesn't work, try the "Repair" option in that same settings menu. If that doesn't work, try clearing Origin's cache.

Message 2 of 2 (605 Views)