Cannot purchase anything on Origin - Whoops! An error occured (Really want BF1!)

by ManxHound11

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Cannot purchase anything on Origin - Whoops! An error occured (Really want BF1!)

★ Apprentice

Whoops!

An error occurred. Please try again later. [ref. #Error: httpRequest ERROR: https://gateway.ea.com/proxy/commerce/carts2/store-cart-purchase/offerEntries?storeId=origin-store¤c... 400 (Bad Request)]

I get this every time i try to purchase anything, or click "Join Origin Access"

Really want to purchase BF1, any help?

P.S. Tried another computer with a different IP address to see if it was my computer

Message 1 of 83 (35,454 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot purchase anything on Origin - Whoops! An error occured (Really want B

★ Apprentice

No i did not manage to resolve the issue, however:

It turned out that 3 of my real life friends were all having the exact same issue, we all live on the Isle of Man and are around 10 miles apart... a coincidence? Well to test my theory i asked my girlfriend to log into my account as she is currently in the UK and guess what.... IT WORKED FINE, no errors and managed to purchase the game for us all.

So i personally believe its an IP error and have a case still open with the customer support as this needs fixing long term, but at least i'm able to play for now.

View in thread

Message 12 of 83 (53,577 Views)

All Replies

Re: Cannot purchase anything on Origin - Whoops! An error occured (Really want B

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Are you using a credit card or a gift card that has a limited amount? It has to be a recurring payment option with the card. (If Origin access that is.) No prepaid cards are allowed. If it's a credit card, try adding the card to your Origin account first and then purchase the game. Go to your profile to do that, EA account and billing. If that doesn't work, contact a game advisor for assistance: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ .

Message 2 of 83 (35,219 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Thank you for the quick response!

Maybe i should of made my post more clear, when i click the "Pre-order" or "Join Origin Access" the error pops up on my screen.

I cannot even get to the basket, or the payment information as the pop up comes up with the above error, and when i close it i am left of the same screen of "Pre-order now"

I am stuck on the store advertisement screen and cannot progress any further

-Edit: I have attached a picture of what screen im stuck on, it goes round in circles

(I have tried Chrome / Internet Explorer and the Origin Application, all with the same error)

Message 3 of 83 (35,213 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@11luke1 wrote:

Thank you for the quick response!

Maybe i should of made my post more clear, when i click the "Pre-order" or "Join Origin Access" the error pops up on my screen.

I cannot even get to the basket, or the payment information as the pop up comes up with the above error, and when i close it i am left of the same screen of "Pre-order now"

I am stuck on the store advertisement screen and cannot progress any further

Have you went to origin.com and it should sign you in? click on Your name in the lower left corner under your profile picture. Then you will get a list. Click EA Account and Billing and add the card. It should open a new tab in your browser. Try Chrome or Opera as a browser.

Edit: Are you using a VPN?

Message 4 of 83 (35,210 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have followed the steps you suggested and added a primary billing information to my account, which was blank at the time. I have then restarted the application and both Chrome / Internet explorer and the same issue is is still happening Frown

Thank you for the help so far

Message 5 of 83 (35,206 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Add Origin to your virus protector and exceptions list (doubt that's it but worth a try.) Then if you can't buy it, contact a game advisor to see if one of them can help you out. 

Message 6 of 83 (35,201 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have just tried adding them to Avast which i use, and then disabling avast completely with no success, how would i contact a game adviser?

Thank you for your help

Message 7 of 83 (35,199 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@11luke1 wrote:

I have just tried adding them to Avast which i use, and then disabling avast completely with no success, how would i contact a game adviser?

Thank you for your help

It was in my first post. Here it is again: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

Message 8 of 83 (35,192 Views)

★★ Novice

I have been through all of these steps as well, have tried contacting customer support this way since beginning of October. I can't get anyone to reply to me. I am SO beyond frustrated.

Message 9 of 83 (35,054 Views)

★★ Novice

Were you able to resolve this issue at all?? I am experiencing it as well and could screamDevil

Message 10 of 83 (35,044 Views)