Cannot login due to old email address on file

by xtremefanatix

Original Post

Cannot login due to old email address on file

★★★ Newbie

Hello All/Support - I am in a bind here. I have always been a console player and today (xmas day) i got my first gaming PC. In trying to get ready to play Apex on Steam i realized that my EA account, setup years years ago, on console is tied to a 12 year old yahoo email. I haven't used that account in ages and cannot remember the login info. 

I was able to login to my EA/Origin account as it offers an option to login via Xbox live. However, when i now go into settings and try to make any changes (update phone number, update email etc) EA/Origin wants to send me a verification to ....yup my old Yahoo email address. 

I don't know who to contact or how so that perhaps Origin support or EA support can help me reset this stuff. HELP!!!! thanks all. 

Message 1 of 2 (353 Views)

Re: Cannot login due to old email address on file

Community Manager

Hi @xtremefanatix

When you've got the chance I'd recommend getting in touch with the EA Help team so they can pull up the account and take a look. They'll verify the account with you and work on getting that email address updated. 

For more information on how to create a case with them check out the EA Help website

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 2 (311 Views)