Cannot launch game

by theharleyfox

Original Post

Cannot launch game

★★ Novice

For a week now, every time I go to launch Sims 4 through Origin it either crashes IMMEDIATELY or won't get past the loading screen. I only have the base game plus Parenthood. Parenthood is new, I just bought it and was only able to play with it once before these problems started.

Message 1 of 11 (642 Views)

Re: Cannot launch game

★★ Novice

I don't know if it's the same problem but since the December patch (don't know witch one) I cannot load my game properly. Also my origin is being weird. Origin is still loading and loading and never loads the Home page. Then if I try to start TS4 I have to do it by icon on desktop and it always takes aggggeeees to load or it never does load. If it does load my DLCs are showing as not installed. I'm sooo frustrated. I have most of the DLCs and I can't even play.

Message 2 of 11 (631 Views)

@theharleyfox and @teruldacz  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, please let me know whether your computer runs Windows or macOS.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 11 (621 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictI have Windows 10. I would repair my game but origin doesn't load properly. It's always loading. It actually made me cry. It's so frustrating.

Message 4 of 11 (616 Views)

@teruldacz  The Origin issue could account for the Sims 4 issue, so it's best to deal with Origin first.  Try clearing its cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If that doesn't help, clear its cache again, then uninstall it "the hard way":

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

Download the full Origin installer and run it as an admin: right-click on the download and select "Run as administrator."  This is a direct download link:

http://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Once it's installed, run Origin as an admin too.

Message 5 of 11 (605 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thanks for helping I'll try it tomorrow it's 9pm where I live 😂. I'll let you know here. Hope it will help.
Message 6 of 11 (603 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I'm on a Mac, I've repaired it and cleaned the cache and redownloaded Origin and it hasn't fixed anything.
Message 7 of 11 (552 Views)

[ Edited ]

@theharleyfox  Is Origin not working, or is the issue a particular game, and which one?  Sorry, I misread your username last night; I thought you were a new poster.  Please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether you can start a new save and play in live mode for a bit.

If you get another crash, please list the full specs of your Mac, including operating system, as described in this post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/32-bit-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p...

Message 8 of 11 (537 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I had to do all the steps including uninstalling the hard way but eventually it worked. I dont know what I would do without your help. Thank you sooo much for helping the community.
Message 9 of 11 (520 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict That worked- now what files do I need to move to get my saved games back? Thank you!
Message 10 of 11 (475 Views)