Cannot install recent update

by PinkTweedy

Original Post

Re: Cannot install recent update

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @PinkTweedy. Thanks for the updated information!

I know you stated that you have tried this, but as someone who also uses Norton at home, I know how touchy it can be. Please try temporarily disabling Norton Security when attempting to run Origin, just to see if it may be interfering with Origin.

It also looks like you had a MoAppCrash error with the system settings right before your error with Origin.exe, within a minute of each other. This may be related. You already mentioned you found some errors earlier today when running a scan, and got them repaired. As a result, that part may already have been resolved, however I wanted to point it out in case it has the same base issue, as well.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 11 of 15 (277 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have already tried to launch the game with Norton disabled, multiple times and it makes no difference.

I have no idea what a MoAppCrash is, I am not a techie, just someone who wants to play the games they have paid a lot of money for, and whilst I appreciate your help, I am getting literally nowhere with this issue in spite of putting in many hours trying to resolve the problem and I know that is the case for many people as I have seen the complaints.

I have been trying to upload the games onto another computer (laptop) without much success. Although I was able to download and install Origin, it has not been able to download the games, I kept getting Error 327684:1 and although I managed to resolve that issue, I decided to install the new Windows upgrade and run sfc /scannow and DISM restore health as the laptop has  a freezing issue, but now Origin will not launch on that computer either.

You can understand my frustration. I appreciate that Origin prevents games being pirated, but if it also prevents them from being played you are going to have a lot of unhappy customers, including me. Please go back to disks so that we can at least get what we have paid for.

Message 12 of 15 (242 Views)

Hey there, @PinkTweedy.

Regarding the error 327684:1, many have found that they were able to resolve it by downloading the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. The error comes up when it can't find components it is looking for on your PC.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 13 of 15 (212 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you for the reply.

I have fixed the Origin issue with my laptop, however I still very much want to resolve the problem with my Desktop computer as that is where all my Sims saved games games are, and the screen is much bigger and better to play.

Yesterday it was suggested to me to run Revo Uninstaller but the situation is this. When I first had the problem I had to uninstall Origin and was unable to reinstall it from the site. I found a workaround on the forum which was to download an old version of Origin, and I was able to install it and it updated itself to the current version. it still would not launch, though, and it was that version that the Revo tired to uninstall. I say 'tried' because I dont think it was able to complete the process completely and there may still be registry entries left behind that I cant locate.

Can you suggest how I deal with this? Thanks

Message 14 of 15 (193 Views)

Hey there, @PinkTweedy.

If you wanted to do a full uninstall that included registry checks, that would be the instructions from this link that I posted earlier in the thread. If you'd like to give that a try again, you're welcome to.

However, as also mentioned earlier in the thread, there are elements of your Windows installation erroring and crashing, as well, such as your Windows Settings menu (the example I gave prior). This may be affecting how you install programs. In those cases, I would recommend going through your Windows Error Reporting with a trusted PC technician to see if there are any recommendations for you.

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 15 of 15 (181 Views)