Re: Cannot install games on HDD

by Mantakno

Original Post

Cannot install games on HDD

★★★★★ Novice

I ran out of space of my laptop. So now am installing Battlefield Hardline on my external HDD.

Problem is, it won't download because it can't create 6GB files. My external HDD is FAT32.

I have tried to convert HDD to NTFS but it won't.

I was able to install/download Battlefield 1 on same external HDD fine with no problems. 

Please can you make it so Hardline files can auto-split large 6GB into smaller 3GB files.

The external HDD has plenty of space 500GB free.

Message 1 of 3 (383 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@ginthecat2
Fat32 die a long time ago. you could say xp gen.
but choise was able in vista , but maybe left FAT32 back then, you have security and beter usageof disk space,

and you can install new games on FAT32 then its was design on win7+ some games wont run on it.

so either goolge that harddisk, this is same as usb keys flash drive some cant do NTFS, but im not sure why that harddisk can do it that require a tech from over 10 year or more, as i recall. i mean most disk from that era aient that good anyway, you almost need a lifgaratie disk fram back then. i think WD did such.

a harddisk with 24/7/365 ( *3 if 8hour is user max turn on pc. ) so you could say ihave a disk for over 30years , not sure any should put other then games on such disk. but its still working. and thats why i dont get it you can make it NTFS, disk has to be moch older then maybe 20 years or it dont support NTFS at all. i dont even recall if they maybe such disk in later then all disk could NTFS.
Message 2 of 3 (372 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah, I gave up and reformatted the HDD as NTFS. However wasn't able to run the games if the game folder was copied from another HDD. So I had to redownload everything.

Message 3 of 3 (330 Views)