Cannot create Origin account

by digimetic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot create Origin account

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I've made multiple attempts at creating a new Origin account, both on PC (Windows 10) and Mac (10.15.5), browser (Firefox and Chrome) and Origin client (both on PC and Mac) and keep getting the same error "We are experiencing technical difficulties.  Please try again later".  Seeing others having the same issue, I've tried the above methods with different email addresses (protonmail initially and then gmail), with and without antivirus and firewall engaged (PC only), still nothing. 

The account is being set up for a household member over the age of 13. 

It can't be this hard to set up an account...

Message 1 of 13 (9,217 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot create Origin account

★★★ Newbie

I FINALLY DID IT!

On the mobile device, connected to the home network, I used an alternate gmail account rather than the protonmail account.  It worked. 

FWIW, feedback to EA is that they either need to disclose clear parameters around account set up or widen the criteria for email domains.  It's odd that protonmail isn't accepted, especially as more US residents are adopting enhanced, more secure/private mail services. 

View in thread

Message 9 of 13 (9,025 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @digimetic

I'm not seeing any outages at the moment that should be preventing you from going through the account creation process. Are you on a home network, or are you using another type of connection? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 13 (9,153 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the reply,

Home network, nothing special.  I've created gazillions of online accounts for years on this same location, machine, and network with no issues.  What's interesting is that this seems to be not an usual problem with Origin accounts. 

Message 3 of 13 (9,093 Views)

★★★ Newbie

And I just tried again using different browsers, same thing.  Getting the same error message

Message 4 of 13 (9,089 Views)

Community Manager

@digimetic 

Hmm, I see. 

Would it be possible to try creating the account via mobile to test and see if the same error still comes up? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 13 (9,066 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I tried with everything, but i also could not sign in/up into origin 
kindly look into this matter

Message 6 of 13 (9,058 Views)

Community Manager

@abhimanyucolty 

In a lot of cases this means there's something blocking Origin's connection. Have you tried setting an exception for it in your security programs to see if that helps at all? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 13 (9,035 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks,

Yes, I tried mobile, on both the network and cellular connection without ad blockers or any kind of AV software whatsoever (iOS 13.6, model Xr).  Same exact error.  I've tried with gmail and protonmail accounts (both legit working emails). 

Message 8 of 13 (9,027 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I FINALLY DID IT!

On the mobile device, connected to the home network, I used an alternate gmail account rather than the protonmail account.  It worked. 

FWIW, feedback to EA is that they either need to disclose clear parameters around account set up or widen the criteria for email domains.  It's odd that protonmail isn't accepted, especially as more US residents are adopting enhanced, more secure/private mail services. 

Message 9 of 13 (9,026 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please can someone help me? I'm having the same issue as the OP. And the way that it was originally described is what I have done (different computers and platforms, including android device, different browsers, different emails, etc, etc.) I do not use protonmail. Just Gmail. I have five gmail accounts, one just to try to get this ea account things working. I've tried the Origin app and the EA website. Nothing seems to work.

I can log into my account just fine. I was able to create a limited access account for my under aged daughter. But now I'm trying to set one up fro my wife. Nothing is working. I've tried different user IDs and Passwords etc. Wired connection and Wifi.

I have no VPN, turned off ALL security apps like anti virus. Ran as administrator. Local app, web, windows, Mac, android, etc., etc., nothing is working. 

Message 10 of 13 (6,999 Views)