Cannot connect to support live chat

by VilcsiTH

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Cannot connect to support live chat

★ Novice

Hello!

I've been having this issue for a few months now. I can make a case, but the pop-up chat window never updates. It appears, but doesn't change from "We're confirming your case number". I have waited for 30 minutes every attempt I made, even though the site said the waiting time is "0 minutes". I've tried to rule out everything on my end, so I'm turning to this forum so that an EA representative can hopefully solve this issue.

Some technical details:

I've used 3 different computers with 3 different browsers with 3 differently formatted OSes with 6 different Wi-Fi and Ethernet connections.

• Computer 1: Windows 10, AMD FX-8350, GTX 1060-6GB.
  • Computer 2: Completely fresh install of Windows 10, Intel i5-3317U, HD 4000.
  • Computer 3: Windows 7, Pentium, GT500.(Don't know the exact details, sorry!)

Tested browsers: Firefox, Chrome and Opera(both Chrome and Opera was freshly installed on all computers, no addons, no cache nor cookies nor history.)

Tested connections: 5GHz Wi-Fi from european provider DIGI, Ethernet connection from same provider, 2.4GHz Wi-Fi from same provider(different router and 100kms away from my home network which was the first 2 connections), 2.4GHz Wi-Fi from Magyar Telekom home wi-fi, 2.4GHz Wi-Fi from T-Mobile(hotspot from my phone data), Ethernet(USB hotspot) from T-Mobile.

I also tried to change the EA support site(that is help.ea.com) language as I reside in Hungary but I mostly use Origin in United Kingdoms English. I also tried United States English. Neither languages worked.

I've even tested using my phone running Android 8.0, from all of the connections mentioned above. No luck.

At this point the only thing I have not tried is physically leaving the country to attempt to connect to live chat from a different country. I also have not tried VPNs yet to alter my IP address to seem like I'm connecting from somewhere else.

Please help me solve this, as calling is something I would rather avoid, since my throat isn't in the best of shape, and probably never will be.

Thanks in advance,

William.

Message 1 of 4 (318 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot connect to support live chat

Community Manager

Glad to hear that it appears to be working for you now @VilcsiTH.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (284 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

That's an odd one @VilcsiTH as there should be nothing stopping you connecting to our live support team.

Can I ask have you ever received an email with a case number as I took a look at your account and cannot see any cases created in our system.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (297 Views)

★ Novice

Sadly, I have not received any e-mails about case numbers. The site does create a case number for me, but it isn't visible anywhere else, and the case itself seems to disappear instantly.

I created a case right now and it seems to have gone through, though! Weird, I haven't changed anything on my setup from my attempt earlier today. Looks like all my account needed was someone taking a look at it.

Nevertheless, thank you very much for your time and assistance!

Have a great day!

William

Message 3 of 4 (292 Views)

Community Manager

Glad to hear that it appears to be working for you now @VilcsiTH.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (285 Views)