Re: Cannot change EA ID

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot change EA ID

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi All,

My current EA ID is _Eaogrim_ and I am trying to change it to Eaogrim, which it tells me is already registered, after 2 conversations with live chat support, they have both told me that on the same account it is both _Eaogrim_ and Eaogrim these are both attached to the same email address and that this is a glitch but they cannot change it - they have assured me they will pass feedback onwards, but that I will never get a response about this, which is less than helpful.

EA Help.JPG

They also told me they could not tell me why this name is unavailable, there is no reason they could find as to why this would be the case. The second adviser I spoke to said the following - 

"See, the thing is, I can only change the persona for you which is already eaogrim"

"The persona and the EA ID are one and the same thing when it comes to your EA account"

"There is no separation, this seems to be a glitch though wherein it is different"

"So you can have it but not with the upper case E"

I have the full transcript if anybody would like to read. I just dont understand how my account displays my EA ID as _Eaogrim_ but customer service have confirmed that the name I want (Eaogrim) is also in use, by the same account but this cannot be amended. I hope somebody can shed some light on this for me.

Thanks

Message 1 of 9 (910 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @_Eaogrim_ if you were unable to update it and our team has advised you that it is not possible to use the name in question then this would be the case.

The best thing I can recommend is to try using a similar user name to see if that is accepted.

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (902 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @_Eaogrim_ if you were unable to update it and our team has advised you that it is not possible to use the name in question then this would be the case.

The best thing I can recommend is to try using a similar user name to see if that is accepted.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 9 (903 Views)

★ Novice

Hi,

I just dont understand how I can both hold _Eaogrim_ and Eaogrim as IDs when its been openly admitted this is a glitch, yet this will not be looked into and nobody seems to have an explanation, I am concerned about trying any alternate names. I only use the Eaogrim name apart from alt characters on MMOs and apparently all of those names are prohibited. for example -

Eawyth

Eaodyr

Eaowyn

There is nothing prohibited about them. The only thing i can think of is that they all contain "Ea" as the first two letters, and your systems are considering that as me trying to impersonate staff or something ridiculous, I would doubt that is the case.

I want to change the name to something completely different, and then try to change it back again, but if it is telling me my other similar names are prohibited, I cannot be sure this won't happen when I try to change my name back.

Message 3 of 9 (893 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @_Eaogrim_ if a username is not being accepted then you will need to try a different one till you find one that is accepted.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 9 (891 Views)

★ Novice

Futher update, I changed it to something completely different, now your advisers are telling me that Eaogrim is prohibited because the first two letters are Ea, which is contradicting everything I've seen, because as of yesterday and earlier today, it was showing it was previously registered. I even had an adviser tell me I could use eaogrim without the E uppercase, but now i'm being told that you're so insecure that I can't use my name because the first two letters are e and a

I've asked how I can raise a complaint in regards to this, and instead I was given a link to a random thread.

Message 5 of 9 (885 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @_Eaogrim_ if a username is not accepted then you will not be able to use it.

In a situation where the username you want is not accepted then you will need to choose another username.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 9 (878 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having a similar issue right now. I've tried to update my EA ID to a username I'm currently using everywhere else and it said both variations of it are taken, yet when I look the ID up in find friends, neither of them exist. EA has gone downhill immensely and at this point, I wish I could just get my hundreds of dollars back from this company after loyal years of love I've had for the Sims game.

Message 7 of 9 (484 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well, I wish you luck trying to resolve this, although it was 2 years ago, I remember spending days trying to figure out my issue until they told me that I couldn't use the name Eaogrim, despite already having it, because the name started with the letters ea, as if I was someone trying to impersonate them, it's the most ridiculous policy. I couldn't have Eaogrim but putting an underscore before it magically made it all better, they don't have any clue what they're doing anymore

Message 8 of 9 (475 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey all please do not bump older threads like this.

If a username is stated as already being in use then this would be the case, just because you cannot find it when searching does not mean that it is not taken.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 9 (434 Views)