Cannot add friend Origin/BF5

by carmamir

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Cannot add friend Origin/BF5

★★★ Newbie

As per title, found thousands of same topics since 2016.

Origin never rectified the issue seems.

I cannot add my friend and my friend cannot add me.

We are able to find each other but Send Friend Request button doesn't work.

Repair this Origin or refund the money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 8 (597 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot add friend Origin/BF5

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @carmamir.

Can I ask what happens when you try to add each other? If possible can you try setting your phone up as a hot spot and then connect through it. Once you have it connected can you try adding your friend again to see if it makes a difference as a number of users have seen issues with their router or ISP stopping friend requests going through. 

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (571 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @carmamir.

Can I ask what happens when you try to add each other? If possible can you try setting your phone up as a hot spot and then connect through it. Once you have it connected can you try adding your friend again to see if it makes a difference as a number of users have seen issues with their router or ISP stopping friend requests going through. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (572 Views)

★ Novice

Tried to add my friend, but absolutely nothing happens when either of us click the Add Friend button.

Message 3 of 8 (538 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @atwojay.

Can you try any of the steps I suggested above such as using your phone as a hotspot and seeing if you can send/receive friend requests then? 9 times out of 10 when this issue occurs it's related to the router or network that is stopping the request from being sent/received. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 8 (483 Views)

★ Novice

Which of us should try this? My friend is in British Columbia and I'm in Saskatchewan. Should we both try it?

Neither of us has had any problem adding friends on Steam.

Message 5 of 8 (463 Views)

Community Manager

It's no harm both of you trying @atwojay.

I tested the friend request just there and was able to send and receive them without issue.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 8 (450 Views)

★ Novice

All of a sudden we're now showing as friends even though we hadn't gotten around to trying anything yet. So weird.

Message 7 of 8 (428 Views)

Community Manager

It was most likely something related to your router @atwojay as a number of users with certain ISPs and routers were having issues with not being able to add or receive friend requests.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (398 Views)