Cannot Download Sims 3 Expansion Packs

by maggsny

Original Post

Cannot Download Sims 3 Expansion Packs

★★ Novice

Hi,

I own the base game sims 3, ambitions, generations, late night, seasons, supernatural, university life and pets. I currently have sims 3, ambitions, generations and late night installed, all through the origin client. When I try to download the other expansions from the origin client, nothing happens. I click download (under the expansion pack tab), and nothing happens. So far I have:

1) Signed in and out of origin

2) turned on safe mode for downloading

3) reinstalled origin and rebooted

4) cleared origins cache

When I click on the expansion and go to it's detail page it says I own the content, but I require the 'sims 3 starter pack' to use it. Well, I already have the base game and late night, just not high end loft stuff (which I don't want). It's never 'required' me to have the starter pack in the past so I don't understand.

I don't know what else to do. I've downloaded these expansion packs in the past no problem, I had just deleted them awhile ago due to hard drive space issues. I know I have the space now to download them. Please help. Thanks.

Message 1 of 20 (3,864 Views)

Re: Cannot Download Sims 3 Expansion Packs

Community Manager

Hey @maggsny

It sounds like it might be a program running in the background conflicting with the ability to download the content. 

Try a clean boot and then immediately launch Origin to see if you can download it.

Let me know if that works. 

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 20 (3,822 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I've been having the same problem, and no matter what I do, it still will not download. I hope you've figured it out, because i haven't. When you tried to download the extra content, did you have the game open? If so, try to download it with the game unopened. Otherwise I can't be of much help.

Message 3 of 20 (3,783 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

So I contacted customer service and we did a few things. They had me redownload origin (again). That didn’t work. Finally they had me boot into safe mode to see if it was a program stopping the download. Nope, didn’t work.

I happen to own the sims 4 but don’t have it installed. I tried downloading it just to see if it works - and yes it will download the sims 4. This seems to be  a specific problem related the sims 3 expansion packs. Origin has no problem downloading things. It just doesn’t seem to want to download these expansions!

I’m so tried of dealing with this. I just don’t get why it won’t work.

Message 4 of 20 (3,770 Views)

★★ Novice

exact same issue with trying to download supernatural and University life. I have the option to download or buy as a gift. When I click the download button, it shows that I click then nothing happens. 3 days of uninstalling/re-installing...clean boot in safe mode with networking...still same issue.

Message 5 of 20 (3,717 Views)

Community Manager

@paulahenson

Are you trying to download this on a Mac or PC?

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 20 (3,713 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I get a 404 ea.com error. why is this. When I try to get the download after registering the game, I also get a code already redeemed. this is super frustrating.
Message 7 of 20 (3,669 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same exact problem on my Mac. So typically I purchase the expansion pack on my boyfriend's steam account on his PC and then copy the CD key into my origin account so I can play on my Mac, and this has been successful for University, Generations, and Pets. Today I tried to do the same thing with Seasons, and it happily took my CD key but now it won't let me download the game I paid for and I'm so frustrated! Do y'all think I could try refunding the Seasons I purchased on steam and then just repurchasing to get a new CD key, and hoping for the best the second time around? I'm getting desperate. I just wanna plaaaaaayyyyy why can't Origins just fix their platform

Message 8 of 20 (3,643 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @gollwyd

If the Steam code isn't working for your Origin account simply contact our Live-Support team and they'll be able to get this addressed for you. 

Here is how to contact an advisor

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 20 (3,615 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Has anyone resolved this? I am having the same issue. Supernatural refuses to download for me

Message 10 of 20 (3,582 Views)