Cannot Create EA origion account

by -Sixtus77-

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot Create EA origion account

★★★ Novice

trying to create an ea origin account, both through the game client and through online website and I keep getting the same error message..please see attached.

Message 1 of 30 (90,700 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot Create EA origion account

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @-Sixtus77-. Can you try disabling your anti-virus and firewall and then trying again?

I would also suggest trying to create the account on another device to see if you see the same issue.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 30 (90,615 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @-Sixtus77-. Can you try disabling your anti-virus and firewall and then trying again?

I would also suggest trying to create the account on another device to see if you see the same issue.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 30 (90,616 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi Ive just figured out that you don't accept email addresses from @protonmail.com.  Can i get an official stance from EA as to why @protonmail.com email addresses are excluded from creating EA origin accounts please?

Thank you.

Message 3 of 30 (90,602 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Oh My Days! I'm having the exact same issue ( well my sister is ) and she uses protonmail also.
Was driving us nuts as any ay we tried and any pc or browser or via client or online website ( origin or EA )...
Come on Origin/EA clear this one up for everyone.
If you're not accepting protonmail.com email addresses for signups, then state that clearly on your signup options so that people don't get a headache over it; or at the very least change the redbox error message to b eclearer ( unacceptable email provider- rather than the technical error foggy message )

*sigh*
Message 4 of 30 (90,553 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Sixtus77 it might be that they don't like people to have secure email accounts?
Message 5 of 30 (90,553 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Still no response to this issue?
Anyone? I see plenty of EA helpers here but no advice or official stance on this issue in over 3 weeks of my posting here.
Message 6 of 30 (90,467 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @-Sixtus77- and @Vader-Whoop I just tested there and set up a new account using a protonmail email without any issues.

This would lead me to believe that the issue you are seeing is not related to the fact that it is a protonmail email but something else. Can you grab a screenshot of the exact message that you are seeing @Vader-Whoop?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 30 (90,453 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here you go..... personal parts obscured.

fails on account creation, pass retrieval and password reset.. nothing arrives at the inbox or spam folder at protonmail from EA/Origin ( even after days )

The latest new issue when trying to log sister in new message says detail are now expired or something like that ( forgot to cap it )  .

It's been less than a couple months since she tried to signup to Origin.

Message 8 of 30 (90,387 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So i try to create an account from my wifi, 3g, from my friends 3g, and from another devices, computers and phones. It doesn't work...

Message 9 of 30 (89,404 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello how can i fix problem fix technical difficulties when i sign in and either in browser like chrome etc. can u help me

Message 10 of 30 (88,247 Views)