Re: No install button or play button macbook.

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Can't use Sims 4 from Steam on a Mac

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

where did you find your dlc keys?

edited title to reflect issue at hand.  -puzzlezaddict

Message 1 of 12 (1,257 Views)

Re: where do i find the serial code from a steam download

[ Edited ]

Edit:  Never mind the stuff below; the original poster is playing Sims 4, not 3.

@keyerasb  Normally, they're displayed here:

find Steam codes.png

If you don't see them there, please let me know when you bought the game in Steam, and which packs you've bought.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 12 (1,239 Views)

★ Novice

I actually just bought them yesterday and I tried to link my accounts to play the sims 4 on my mac since you can’t play through steam. On origin, when I run my game, it’s saying my packs on there but it’s not actually showing me the packs in cas or in-game. It’s so weird. I bought seasons, discover university, cats and dogs, and you know.. some game packs. In steam, I don’t have that option. it’s just not there. 

Message 3 of 12 (1,223 Views)

@keyerasb  Since you're playing Sims 4, I've split your posts into their own thread in the Sims 4 Mac section.

The Steam version of Sims 4 is Windows-only; I don't believe there's any way to get an Origin install in macOS to recognize Steam-owned content.  There are also no CD keys associated with Steam-bought packs, so nothing to register in Origin.

Your best bet here is to refund the content you've bought in Steam and buy it through Origin instead.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 12 (1,214 Views)

I recently bought The Sims 4 on Steam, can we also play it on Origin Mac?

★★ Newbie

There is no download / install button when i open The Sims 4 on Origin Macbook

Message 5 of 12 (1,204 Views)

Re: I recently bought The Sims 4 on Steam, can we also play it on Origin Mac?

@pieterzhang

You have to purchase the game through Origin to play on a Mac, there is no Steam version for macOS.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 6 of 12 (1,187 Views)

No install button or play button macbook.

★★★ Newbie

NO install or play button for macbook, my friend gifted me through steam sims 4 deluxe ed, i can see the game in my origin library but its greyed out there is no install or play button cant do anything tryed every topic in this site to solve the problem still no fix.

Message 7 of 12 (1,136 Views)

@hayirzeynep

You have to purchase the game through Origin, there is no Mac version available through Steam.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 8 of 12 (1,108 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Bluebellflora I connected steam through origin game shows up in my desktop and i can download it from origin too but when i sign in with origin from macbook the install button is greyed out.
Message 9 of 12 (1,055 Views)

★★ Novice

II have one of the game packs on steam on my Windows 10 system but when I try to load the game through Origin on my macbook it says to use steam to download the pack but of course it says its only for windows so I dont have the option. Heck I would be willing to buy the pack on the macbook also but I cant even do that it does not give me a buy button to do so. 

Message 10 of 12 (1,058 Views)