Can't update Origin. Error Code 9.0

by ThatAussieGuy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't update Origin. Error Code 9.0

★★★ Newbie

This is the second update in a row this has happened.  I've cleaned the caches, checked the compatibility mode for admin privileges (it's an admin account anyway, but what the hell), and made sure the firewall ports are excepted.  Nothing.  The only the thing that works is a clean reinstall of Origin, which is a pain because of how atrociously coded the client is in its dependency on server-side processing while it re-validates every damn game.  At least I assume that's why it chugs, otherwise there's some very shoddy coding going on under the hood.

What would really help is the answer to a simple question;  What is Error Code 9:0?  A general install failure?  Corrupted files?  Gremlin in the code engine?  Black-box error codes help no-one.

Message 1 of 16 (29,277 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't update Origin. Error Code 9.0

EA DICE Team
Message 2 of 16 (33,505 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team
Message 2 of 16 (33,506 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Only thing that's worked consistently for me is a clean reinstall, Tom.  I tried them all.  Repeatedly, just to make sure it wasn't just going to be up to chance whether they work or not.

Message 3 of 16 (29,084 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@ThatAussieGuy

Thanks for the update.

I will see if I can dig up why the issue keeps reoccurring. Could you in the meantime run an Origin Error Report and reply to this thread with the ID #?

Message 4 of 16 (29,069 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a different question regarding this. I checked my bank account and noticed 2 charges totaling over 100 dollars that seem to link to when I had trouble this morning updating origin. I want to trace where these charges came from.

Message 5 of 16 (24,948 Views)

EA DICE Team

@kspires98

Hi,

Please reach out to an Advisor to have them go over the charges with you:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/How-to-contact-EA-Help/td-p/5650100

Kind regards,

Message 6 of 16 (24,752 Views)

★ Novice

I have been having some problems too which relate to this. For the last few updates for Origin, they came up with an error code 10.0 whilst updating so I have tried to fix it but nothing happens. So I decided to reinstall Origin but this time it came up with an error code 9.0. I have cleared the Origin cache files and in some other threads, you (Tom) have said to send an Origin error report but I can't even find the 'OriginER.exe' file in the Origin folder in 'Program Files (x86)'. This is really annoying me now and want it to get fixed. Any advice will be appreciated.

Message 7 of 16 (23,481 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You posted this a while back, but I'm having the exact same issue. Did you get it resolved?

Message 8 of 16 (20,793 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem also. I can't find OriginER.exe in my Program Files (x86) either. I even tried to uninstall and then reinstall origin, and I get the same error. I just want to play Sims. Please.

Message 9 of 16 (20,269 Views)

★★★ Novice

well ami also happened to me the same but you des install the origin with this program (IOBIT UNINSTALLER) since this program removes absolutely everything from your pc the origin files ... and that allows you to download and install again from scratch .. I am working, I hope you all work ..

Message 10 of 16 (20,064 Views)