Can't send or receive friend requests

by jasonf4232

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't send or receive friend requests

★★★ Newbie

I was trying to add a friend on Origin and it seemed like it worked but they didn't get the request and when they sent theirs I didn't receive one either. Tried linking steam account for apex and it just tells both of us that the other is offline and after restarting origin we can repeatedly click on send friend request without it doing anything or getting grayed out. Anyone have any idea what is going on or how to fix it?

Message 1 of 4 (1,066 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't send or receive friend requests

Community Manager

Hey @jasonf4232 this issue can happen for a number of reasons, generally, it's related to a system setting or else related to your router. To test this, would it be possible to set your phone as a hotspot and using mobile data connect to your PC and then send the friend request again? 

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,034 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @jasonf4232 this issue can happen for a number of reasons, generally, it's related to a system setting or else related to your router. To test this, would it be possible to set your phone as a hotspot and using mobile data connect to your PC and then send the friend request again? 

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (1,035 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is not working on mobile data. You have the same damn problem since 2013. Is it possible to stop laughing at gamers and fix the problem for real^ Epic is able to make it works, Steam is able to make it works, Blizzard is able to make it works .. so why EA isnt...

Message 3 of 4 (1,006 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is the only online game I ever played that have this problem... I can't understand how inviting someone to play with you or receiving an invitation can be an issue... 

Message 4 of 4 (703 Views)