Can't send friend request, Origin confused on friend status

by BLUAV8R

Original Post

Re: Can't send friend request, Origin confused on friend status

★ Novice

I'm joining the club to this. I got one of my friends to buy battlefield 1 and when I tried to add her, I just see a white screen. This is ridiculous, what kind of software doesn't let you add other people to play with?

Message 51 of 84 (2,097 Views)

★★★ Novice

OK what i tried and worked was for me and my friend i was trying to add was to both go to offline mode and then go back online and exiting origin and then reconnecting to origin .And that worked for me and my friend. To go to offline mode go to the top left menu then click on origin tab and then click go offline. OK hope that helped.

Message 52 of 84 (1,999 Views)

★★ Novice

Currently experiencing this issue. I mean I'm not surprised from an app that cant even use the Windows snapping features...
I've tried all of the recommendations I can find, both me and my friend cannot see our friend requests to each other.

Origin is crap.

Message 53 of 84 (1,848 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@macanahes wrote:

OK what i tried and worked was for me and my friend i was trying to add was to both go to offline mode and then go back online and exiting origin and then reconnecting to origin .And that worked for me and my friend. To go to offline mode go to the top left menu then click on origin tab and then click go offline. OK hope that helped.

Confirmed this worked for me.

Message 54 of 84 (1,754 Views)

★★★ Newbie

CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.

Find everything that says Origin and end task. MAKE SURE YOU END Origin Web Helper!!!! You both have to do it. Works every time.

Message 55 of 84 (1,655 Views)

★★★ Newbie
this sounds like an identical issue to what i have been experiencing with my buddy here on 2/7/19 with no success, we havent waited long but yes this issue seems contingent
Message 56 of 84 (1,566 Views)

It's still happening 3 years later. Good job EA

Message 57 of 84 (1,277 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing is happening to me, tried reaching out to support on chat but they just wanted me to uninstall and reinstall my client. I tried explaining that the same issue is happening on the web client, but to no avail. I guess I'll try waiting since that's the accepted solution and all threads lead to this one...

Message 58 of 84 (1,164 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

You better believe this bug is still happening into 2019! Both me and my friend can't send friend requests to each other. The button does nothing. No matter if we're in client or in the web browser, it doesn't work at all. I even tried on my phone. Nothing. It's been three * years, EA. 

Message 59 of 84 (1,094 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

chrome_2019-02-15_23-39-17.png

Thanks! This worked!

Message 60 of 84 (1,087 Views)