Can't send friend request, Origin confused on friend status

by BLUAV8R

Original Post

Re: Can't send friend request, Origin confused on friend status

★★ Novice

I have the same problem..I know that this issue has been fixed but it is not working for me.

I have waited a full 24 hours and I still cant add my friend.

it does not say that his friends list is full it just doesn't work I press it nothing happens.

I tried adding a random person and it sent the request immediately but when I add this specific freind (BLUEakableu) it does not work.

my in game name is -DE-Gancia email is: [edit: email address removed] 

Message 21 of 84 (8,984 Views)

Community Manager

@Gancia_31 Hi,

Are you in touch with them on another chat or via voice com? If so, can you ask him what happens on his end when he is trying to add you?

Cheers,

Nils

Message 22 of 84 (8,963 Views)

★★ Novice

We use discord we moved from teamspeak (I dont know why)

but I said that because discord needs alot more Internet than teamspeak so it is almost impossible to talk to him while playing battlefront.

but anyway I will try to ask him through chat I will get back t

(is it possible for you to try and get a origin account and try to add my friend just see if its just me or if its the same for everyone?)

friends's name: blueakableu

also does this happen if I am blocked or would it tell me if I am blocked not that we hate each other it just might be a possiblity

Message 23 of 84 (8,954 Views)

Community Manager

@Gancia_31 I don't think an error message comes up if he blocked you on accident. It just wouldn't work then.

With that being said, I am unable to find your friend when searching for "blueakableu".

Is there a chance that there might be a slight typo in the name? Other then that, he might have set up his account so that it is private, and no one can find and add him via the search.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 24 of 84 (8,950 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

could you please help me when I write a friend it want go to them what should I do?

Message 25 of 84 (8,943 Views)

Community Manager

@BLUEMOON57293 Hi,

Are you in communication with each other outside of Origin? If so, can you ask him what happens if he tries to contact you via Origin?

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 26 of 84 (8,922 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Just a sidenote for anyone else troubleshooting this:

Just had this problem. Friend and I couldn't add each other as friends on Origin. Couldnt see requests on both sides. I was in her friends list on her profile, but she wasn't on mine, just like the original post. Anyways, I asked another friend to add her to his friends list, she got that invite, and then I showed up on her friends list. She unfriended me, and then sent another request to me, and I received the invite, and now were on each others friends list fine.

There's something really screwy going on in the code of Origin.

Message 27 of 84 (8,889 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same issue for me with multiple friends, first they didn't receive my invite and I didn't receive the one they sent me, then when I checked again my invite to them had disappeared and when I clicked send invite again nothing happened....

This is the third or fourth time I have had this issue in the new origin client. 

Message 28 of 84 (8,740 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem currently

Message 29 of 84 (8,723 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yup, problem is still happening. Same thing, sent a friend request to my buddy (beaverdreams) and he never received the invite. he sent to me, same thing. now i can spam send friend request and it does nothing. I mean, its been a year and this is still an issue? would it ever be possible for EA to drop the origin thing and just go with steam? their distribution program is proven and flawless, plus i am sure there would be a * tonne of people who would pick up the game. I mean if EA cannot dedicate enough money and resources to fix their distribution platform why even bother? would be more cost effective to let valve worry about it. 

Message 30 of 84 (8,718 Views)