Re: Can't send friend request, Origin confused on friend status

by EA_Nils

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't send friend request, Origin confused on friend status

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Me and my friend logged on today to find we were not in each other's friends list when we tried playing battlefront. I tried to re-add him by searching his name when choosing add a friend and his profile popped up (see screenshot), he had a button for "send a friend request" but clicking it does nothing, even when I spam it 200 times. It never switches to "request sent".

When you look down at his list of friends below, I (Unbound_v3) appear in his friends list, but we are not actually friends. When he does it (search for me and try to add me) the same thing happens where he cannot send a friend request, and he also sees that I have him in my friends list when I actually don't.

Here is what we have done:

- Made sure both our privacy settings were on public

- Un-installed and re-installed origin client

- re-started our computers with no other applications open

- Tried incrementally every hour or so to see if problem resolved itself (spoiler: it hasn't)

http://i.imgur.com/7dQL6jm.png

Message 1 of 84 (43,416 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice

It must have been a server hiccup, because I logged back in today to see that he was listed once more as a friend for me. So it looks like time fixed the issue.

Solution for anyone who reads this in the future with the same problem: Time. Wait it out overnight and see if it fixes the issue, I woke up to find me and him listed as friends again.

View in thread

Message 3 of 84 (49,126 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@BLUAV8R Hi there,

It does sound as if both of you already did some of the common troubleshooting. Outside of that I could only think of resetting your internet connection, but this would be a long shot.

As this could have been a server hiccup and someone else did report something similar around the time, I would like to know whether this is still on-going for you or whether you are now able to interact with each other again.

Let me know.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 84 (43,361 Views)

★ Apprentice

It must have been a server hiccup, because I logged back in today to see that he was listed once more as a friend for me. So it looks like time fixed the issue.

Solution for anyone who reads this in the future with the same problem: Time. Wait it out overnight and see if it fixes the issue, I woke up to find me and him listed as friends again.

Message 3 of 84 (49,127 Views)

Community Manager

We have since seen a few more reports and are investigating the root cause for these issues.

Thanks for the update, glad to hear that it is working again for you now.

Message 4 of 84 (43,325 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi...

This is still an ongoing problem for me and my friend too... it sometimes sorts itself out but it is kind of annoying when you want to play together...

Message 5 of 84 (43,250 Views)

Community Manager

@AmokXis Hi,

We are still investigating the recent reports in regards to the friends list and have a few questions that may aid us:

1. What's the name of your friend?
  2. Is there any specific game you want to play together, or is the issue rather with the basic friends functionality such as chat?
  3. What happens when you try to add another friend, do you get an error message?
  4. What happens when you try to remove your current friend and then add it again. Any error message?

Cheers,

Nils

Message 6 of 84 (43,243 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same trouble. Please help.

Message 7 of 84 (43,186 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@GrimReckoning115 Hi,

We are still looking into this. The team has a few more questions to assist them with the investigation.

1. List the name of one of your friends who you have tested this with.

2. Describe what exactly doesn't work.

3. How did you find out that it doesn't work? Where you attempting to play a specific game together?

4. When did you first notice it?

5. Did it work since intermittently?

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 8 of 84 (43,176 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Nils - having this same issue.  Going to copy your questions with my responses.  Started experiencing this issue as of Jan 20th, but everything was working fine on Jan 19.  My friend CMR_DOWN and i are friends on Origin, but as of Jan 20th, he no longer appeared as my friend.  My other friend still appears as friend, issue is just with CMR_DOWN and myself.   I had called support and my case # is 22190963.

1. List the name of one of your friends who you have tested this with 

-CMR_DOWN (i only have 2 friends on my list.  All functions work fine with my other friend)

2. Describe what exactly doesn't work

-We cannot see each other on friends list, even though we are both online and all Privacy Settings are appropriate

3. How did you find out that it doesn't work? Where you attempting to play a specific game together?

-We were going to play Star Wars Battlefront, went to invite him to party but he was not on my friends list

4. When did you first notice it?

-January 20th, 2016 the issue started.  On the 19th we were able to see and invite one another.

5. Did it work since intermittently?

-Has not worked since.

If there are any other data elements that would help please let me know.

--HLghtimes

Message 9 of 84 (43,161 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So - it started working again.  I dont know if this did anything but here is what i did.

I went into my Origin folder where the client files are located - and i ran as administrator the application called "OriginClientService.exe".  This application opens no windows or anything, but afterwords i ran the regular "Origin.exe" client application, and my friend CMR_DOWN appeared online.

I included an attachment with a screen shot of what i mean.  

If the issue comes up again  I will post back here.

Thanks!

--HLghtimes

Message 10 of 84 (43,156 Views)