Can't recover my "locked" account!

by Outlines_Mixer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't recover my "locked" account!

★★★ Newbie

A few months ago my account was breached, and the hacker got me banned on Apex Legends. I didn't find out until around a month ago when I attempted to play Apex with some friends. It told me my account was banned. So since I knew my account had to be breached I made a support ticket explaining that I had regained control of my account and would like to be unbanned from Apex.  Following making the ticket I received no contact from a representative and was told by an automated email that my entire account had been "locked" and that I couldn't log-in and urged me to make a new case. I did that and waited only to receive another email from a rep. telling me to choose a phone call/chat option to recover my account. I was doing as told but there isn't a phone/chat contact option. So I made a new email from the case. 20 days later and I still have not received any contact from the support team. I post a tweet to the support twitter and they just told me to make a new case to select the chat option. I STILL CANNOT CHOOSE ANY DIFFERENT OPTION THAN EMAIL AND STILL CAN'T ACCESS MY ACCOUNT AFTER TRYING TO RECOVER IT FOR OVER A MONTH. The support team has only run me in circles for a month at this point. I just want my account back.

Message 1 of 3 (267 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't recover my "locked" account!

★★★ Newbie

Hello Darko,

It appears as if you literally didn't read my post. I will urge you to please read it and realize I have already followed the provided steps and after 21 days now I have not heard back from any member of your "Terms of Service Team" and that the EA team has all just copied and pasted the exact same thing that you have. But regardless thank you for being the fifth person to provide me with those verbatim steps that lead to a dead end. I will ask that if any following representatives perceive that same instinct to just copy and paste that set of steps to just not waste my time hoping for an actual solution. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (195 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team in relation to any ban on your account @Outlines_Mixer.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 3 (215 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello Darko,

It appears as if you literally didn't read my post. I will urge you to please read it and realize I have already followed the provided steps and after 21 days now I have not heard back from any member of your "Terms of Service Team" and that the EA team has all just copied and pasted the exact same thing that you have. But regardless thank you for being the fifth person to provide me with those verbatim steps that lead to a dead end. I will ask that if any following representatives perceive that same instinct to just copy and paste that set of steps to just not waste my time hoping for an actual solution. 

Message 3 of 3 (196 Views)