Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Can't purchase games on Origin App or Online

by JGoonSquad

Original Post

Highlighted

Can't purchase games on Origin App or Online

★★ Newbie

I am unable to purchase any games from Origin whether it is on the PC app or on the website itself. I have tried 2 different payment methods and it is not working either way. My email has been confirmed, password and account info all up to date, etc. I am going to miss out on the sale price of Battlefield 4 because of this, which is pretty sad. Any suggestions on what I need to do?

Message 1 of 8 (644 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Can't purchase games on Origin App or Online

★★ Newbie

Me too, I've tried it for almost 3 hours and can't buy anything. really disappointing.

And sale already ended at 1.30 AM (GMT+7) ~ 12 minutes ago.

Message 2 of 8 (592 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yep, same error in Italy, now I've lost this sale thanks to this horrendous store-client...if someone at EA is watching this forum please update Origin with a store like...Steam

Message 3 of 8 (564 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

So lame, was looking forward to buying these games. Been busy and didn't even know there was a sale going on.

Message 4 of 8 (543 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Me too from Singapore. I couldn't buy even though there was still 1 to 2 hours left to the sale. The page kept on loading for me whe  I tried to access through the sale Webpage. The filters for me to select and look through only sims 4 products kept jamming, so I could not even click on any product at all either to even interact with the buy it now button. 

Message 5 of 8 (520 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Well, at least we've got this:

"We are currently investigating some issues with Origin purchases. Please stay tuned for updates."^1

and in reply to another user's plea ("Its already working but the price is normal again, please extend the sale!!")

"Hopefully it gets extended. Unfortunately I don't have any details on that Frown -Brad"^2

On the other hand,

"The Origin purchase issues are fixed. Thanks for sticking with us!"^3

with no further comment..

^1 https://twitter.com/EAHelp/status/1083790435879976960

^2 https://twitter.com/EAHelp/status/1083800082183417856

^3 https://twitter.com/EAHelp/status/1083805553359495168

Message 6 of 8 (491 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

Work around

Hi all, Same issues but i found a work around.

Go on your mobile/cell phone, using mobile data. origin website, sign in, purchase. log into origin client on pc, game is there and happy.

Message 7 of 8 (337 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

^^^ This worked!!! ^^^

Thank you! @ExpeditionTommy 

Message 8 of 8 (305 Views)
Twitter Stream