Can't play Origin sign-in games without Internet connection

by GothicSimmer

Original Post

Re: Can't play Origin sign-in games without Internet connection

@Jarlaxley

You can play about every EA Single player game offline. If that fails it is most probably a local problem,

How long did you not connected to a EA server with that device?

Did you tried to deactivate the network adapters of your device? (Try it regardless the fact that you don't have a active connection to the internet.)

Furthermore, and just to make that clear, logon to Origin is still required, even in offline mode.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 61 of 281 (1,766 Views)

★★★ Newbie
i realize this is an old post, i also l realize over a year has passed and Origin/EA have no intention and or care for customers and dont intent to implement an offline mode without going online first... this makes me,very mad but not at all surprised given the history with this company... this is why i chose never to buy an EA game again in the near future and why i am canceling my origin pass after just one month... it is the most * thing ive seen... this is why steam still rules among this sort of stuff....

thanks but no thanks... u had your chance EA
Message 62 of 281 (1,733 Views)

@ChuchoF3TT

The offline mode in Steam and Origin work almost the same. You also need to start a game on steam in online mode for the first time.  

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 63 of 281 (1,727 Views)

★★ Novice
What if you downloaded the game started the game online then took your computer where no internet is available and played it for a couple of days then all of a sudden says you have to be online to log in for the first time even though you already have I think EA should drop the bogus online * with Origin when it comes to command and conquer lol I like how all there solutions are go online but not everyone has internet lol
Message 64 of 281 (1,693 Views)

★★ Novice
This is beyond bs. I have done this a hundred times and yet, conveniently, when I have absolutely no way to have an Internet connection (such as an area outage) it just *happens* to be one of times origin has reset my preferences and turned off offline play.
Message 65 of 281 (1,627 Views)

@Covenmouse

Did you tried to disable the Network adapters? (do it regardless the fact that you don't have access to a active connection)

Message 66 of 281 (1,617 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'd like to chime in here because Origin offline mode simply doesn't work.  I've been playing Dragon Age Inquisition and have clocked in nearly 100 hours.  My last session was yesterday and today I lost my internet access and Origin insists that I must have online connection the first time I try to login.  I've been freaking logging in every single time to play Dragon Age with a connection.  I can't even force Origin to start offline just to push my Single Player save.

I have tried disabling the network device.  I have tried pulling the network cable.  I simply cannot have it go offline.  If someone has a solution that actually works, I'm all ears.

Message 67 of 281 (1,607 Views)

★★ Novice

No, I didn't bother since...Look, I know you're trying to be helpful (and hell, i appreciate the advice and will try it when this inevitably comes up again) but holy hell.  The point is that this system of theirs is backwards and completely unnecessary.   I just found out they don't even allow you to "set" your offline mode any more; now you have to log in with a connection every single time, before you can go offline.

Do they not realize that some people have spotty connections?  That maybe some people don't WANT to play online at ALL?  Not even to sign in?  I don't mind having to be online most of the time, myself, but this whole thing makes it ridiculous when I have intermittent connection issues.  Anyway, it's not like I'm saying anything remotely new, here.  A quick google search tells me how utterly useless their players think all this is, and how annoyed a large portion of people are with it.  Maybe they should try listening for five minutes, all I'm saying. 

(Granted, my attitude in the last post was less than pleasant, and I shouldn't have snapped like that.) 

Message 68 of 281 (1,595 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Covenmouse

I understand that this is frustrating, but the point is that you can set Origin to offline mode and you also can play the single player games offline.

You need to log on for the first time, but after that you have access to the games in offline mode or without a internet connection at all. (You still need to insert your credentials, even if you are offline, and trial versions of some games are an exception.)

Origin works exactly as Steam or other game clients work regarding this matter.

I just tested both again, after doing it many times before while I was travelling.

That means if it is not working on your system then there is a problem with the Origin client on your system.

Sometimes, if there is a working network adapter in the system, even if this adapter don't has a connection, Origin is not set to offline mode properly and behaves like it is online.

That's why I suggested to disabled the network adapters. 

An other reason could be that the data Origin writes to the HDD, to confirmed that you already registered the game online, got corrupted.

In this case clearing the Origin cache could help.

You also could open a ticket at EA Support and send an Origin error report (Origin menu > Help > Origin error report) adding the ticket number.     

Message 69 of 281 (1,591 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I also have a problem with Offline Login. I CAN go Offline Mode just fine, if I login online first. But obviously I can't get online to do that. It's not just a "first time log in", I've had Origin since Sims 4 came out, at least, heck I was signed in yesterday. 

Also once in offline mode (which I had to get t9 by being online???? You see the problem? ) I CAN play games,  yay! But if I exit origin or restart my computer it doesn't STAY in offline mode. It's pointless.

Message 70 of 281 (1,558 Views)