Can't play Origin sign-in games without Internet connection

by GothicSimmer

Original Post

Re: Can't play Origin sign-in games without Internet connection

@ladybreid

Did you tried to clean the Origin cache? This error is often solved with that.

Did you tried to disable your network connection completely?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 91 of 281 (2,789 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I work offshore and the accommodation i'm on at the minute gives me a total of 250mb limit per day.  It also wont allow me to connect to the origin servers.  I have registered Fifa on my laptop  and set it to offline mode a number of times in the last year (16 &17) and it is now requesting to do it again.   I'm absolutely appalled at this, i've bought fifa on various platforms since 1994 but have never had such an issue other than on the PC.  I won't be buying fifa 18.  its getting to a point now that they only care if its an issue with DLC anyway, absolute joke.

Message 92 of 281 (2,736 Views)

★★ Novice
But as far as I know, there are no games like Sims 3 on Steam. Besides you still have to have internet to get on steam. My ONLY internet is sucky AT$T cellular by tethering my pc to my phone. That eats the daylights out of my data plan.
Message 93 of 281 (2,696 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Lol. I just logged in because I was "granted do". But it looks like my post got deleted (the irony).

In short. This validation model is retarted. Al it does is hurt the people who pay. Which is why the other side of this community (crack these games).

And it looks like EA will reset your offline mode? Don't even understand the reasoning behind that. Even if there was a db backup/restore it should be th last state.

Imo. Users should get an offline key. Cheathappens.com does this and it works great.
Message 94 of 281 (2,649 Views)

★ Apprentice
I've been told that you can play offline if you sign in making it remember your password and then go in offline mode. Its supposed to be a way of never having to sign in and use internet. It didn't work for me, the next day I still had to connect to internet to sign in. I tried doing that and then unpluging my internet. I thought it worked when I kept it in plugged to open the game again but the second time it didn't work. Might be worth a try, but it didn't really help me.
Message 95 of 281 (2,638 Views)

@BlackRose0990

What game do you tray to Play?

Did you tried the workaround in the accepted solution post?

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 96 of 281 (2,625 Views)

★ Apprentice
I tried Sims 3 and 4 but both need to login first. My internet is bad sometimes I can't connect. There is no way around it. Its something origin is doing to try and stop people sharing and copying their games.

Nothing anyone suggests works.
Message 97 of 281 (2,616 Views)

@BlackRose0990

The Sims 3 and 4 should work in offline mode just fine. You only need to be online for the gallery.

Just to make sure, you need to logon to Origin even in Offline mode, (and if you are in offline mode it will always prompt you for the password.) that doesn't mean that you need to go online.

Did you tried to clear your Origin cache?

All settings in Origin (only in Origin not in the games) are back to default settings after this.)

- close Origin completely. (right click on the Origin symbol in the task bar > close)
    - Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
    - Type or copy  "%ProgramData%/Origin" (without quotes) > hit ENTER
    - Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for the "LocalContent" folder. (The "LocalContent" folder must remain untouched.)
    - Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
    - Type or copy "%AppData%" (without quotes)  > hit ENTER
    - Now your Windows explorer should have brought you to your "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Roaming" folder
    - Delate the "Origin"  folder inside the "Roaming" folder
    - In the address bar of your Windows explorer click on the word "AppData".
    - Open the "Local" folder
    - Delate the "Origin"  folder inside the  "Local" folder
    - Restart your PC. > test

Message 98 of 281 (2,603 Views)

★ Apprentice
I haven't tried the cache files. I will see if that works later.
Message 99 of 281 (2,592 Views)

★★★ Novice
Exactly. My internet is down for the next week. I cannot play the Sims 4. Paid $60.00 for a game. It is mine and should be playable when I want to play it. Maybe we should all report Origin to the Better Business Bureau! They will make Origin change their online rule. I'm submitting a complaint to BBB.
Message 100 of 281 (2,532 Views)