Can't play Origin sign-in games without Internet connection

by GothicSimmer

Original Post

Re: Can't play Origin sign-in games without Internet connection

★★★ Newbie

This sucks. My internet is not the best and I am here trying to play sims3 but can't. I bought the game. It is mine not on lease. I bought it so it is mine. Origin should not decide when i can play with it. Never buying from origin again. Waste of money. Wil lthey help? I highly doubt it. They are ignoring this thread now that many used to be customers are showing their honest opinions. Never will buy from origin again.

Message 31 of 281 (5,009 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie
This is such an EA thing to do. I've bought a few games on Origin and can't play them because I don't have Internet right now, however I can play all of my Steam games. I will never use Origin again if they cannot let me play a single player game offline.

Tl;dr: Treat your customers like trash and they'll use the better alternative to your broken system. Origin can't die out fast enough.
Message 32 of 281 (4,947 Views)

Community Manager

@bengarrisonwhite Hi there,

The solution previously posted by GothicSimmer will work around this, albeit with one caveat - you need to active Origin Offline Mode prior to the disconnection from the internet: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Can-t-play-Origin-sign-in-games-without-Internet-connection/m-p/4326...

From what I understand, this works similar to how Steam implemented it in that you have to least connect with the games ones before Offline Mode will be available for them.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 33 of 281 (4,926 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_Nils Sadly this is decidedly not how Steam does it.

With Steam, after you have been logged in once you can switch to offline mode at any time, without needing an internet connection at the time you switch.

Hence if your ISP is down unexpectedly, you can still play the games. It is also not possible to forget switching to offline mode before travelling, as you can still switch after losing the internet connection.

With Origin, if the internet connection goes down and you are not yet in offline mode, you're out of luck. With Steam, this cannot happen – anymore, anyway. They used to do it like Origin does it right now, but I think it was changed already years ago.

Message 34 of 281 (4,920 Views)

Community Manager

@QuickTen Thanks for the thorough clarification and apologies for the late reply.

What I will do is pass it on as feedback to the team see whether that is something we can strive to do similarly in the future.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 35 of 281 (4,876 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you remember to click the "Remember Me" after u have logged out and it takes u back to the log in screen? Because when trying to figure out this problem often peopel click the "Remember Me" box before they log in instead of after they log out.

Message 36 of 281 (4,881 Views)

Community Manager

@QuickTen Did you see the suggestion from @VirtualDarkAngel? That is actually a really good point, and I am wondering if that might be what was happening for you.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 37 of 281 (4,858 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Nils Sadly not applicable.

1. The option "remember me" comes when logging IN, not OUT and I use it.
  2. Even if used, it doesn't allow logging in in offline mode if there is no internet connection at the time Origin is started. 
    By comparison: If Steam is started without internet connection, it will offer switching to Offline mode. 

To reproduce: 

1. Start Origin while connected to the internet
  2. Log in with "Remember me" enabled.
  3. Click "Origin > Exit"
  4. Disconnect from the internet.
  5. Start Origin again. If should pop up a login screen that says "Online login is currently unavailable" and deny opening the client or starting games.
  6. Reconnect to the internet. 
  7. Start Origin again. It should now log in again automatically, without prompting for credentials (i.e. "remember me" works). 

Just to clarify: Origin works fine offline, if it is started prior to losing internet connection. The problem is that it cannot be started without an internet connection, which Steam does support. As a consequence, if you either do not have Origin running at all times or if you had to reboot while without internet, games won't be playable offline. 

Message 38 of 281 (4,846 Views)

★★ Novice

Unfortunately,

Another Launcher From Ubisoft made a better Launcher than Origin. This Launcher called "Uplay" can let players play ubisoft games without internet. (It offers when logging fails)

I know you have fears for Illegal games but letting play offline games doesn't make games illgeal. If Steam (Valve) and Uplay (Ubisoft) made it, Origin (EA) can make it easily.

I can't find stable internet connection in my place these solutions are pointless.

I want to play Origin games without internet and I will continue to write for (real) offline gaming.

Yours sincerely,

An Offline Player

Message 39 of 281 (4,779 Views)

@Hilaley97

Well, you can. I did it several times on vacation and I tested it just yet to be sure. 

You just need to logon for one time, and after that you can play offline at all times.  

You also can shutdown you Computer or reboot, if Origin ask for your credentials just type them in (email should already be there) and then Origin will start into Offline mode and let you play your games. 

Should it not work, disable your internet connection by hand (pull the plug, turn of the WLan switch or disable the Adapter in the Network configuration) and it will work.     

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 40 of 281 (4,774 Views)