Can't play Origin sign-in games without Internet connection

by GothicSimmer

Original Post

Re: Can't play Origin sign-in games without Internet connection

@DanteBlack666 

I apologize for the late reply. Somehow your post escaped my notifications.

You problem is different from the issues discussed in this thread. 

You can find possible solutions in this post.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 261 of 281 (1,349 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@DanteBlack666I notice that sometimes there is a lag when Origin is telling you of an update, i.e., it starts updating before it tells you. Then you try to do something, interrupt the process, and everything gets fouled up.

Make sure to wait for a bit after you fire up a game. I fire mine up with a shortcut directly to the game, which fires up Origin. At times, I don't know that happened, my game won't start, and I have to stop my game through the task manager. After that, I start up Origin to see if it's updating and 9 times out of 10, that's exactly what occurred.

Message 262 of 281 (1,327 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@holger1405 As a non-gamer, THANK YOU! I now know how to play Madden without an internet connection. Not sure why this resolution is so difficult to find. I cannot thank you enough. Happy new Year!
Message 263 of 281 (1,271 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It doesn't work at all in offline mode. When I start Origin offline I get "ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED" no matter what steps I follow. No sign in option. I've spent over $350 dollars and can't play when I want. Thats criminal.

Message 264 of 281 (1,186 Views)

★ Guide
@jrhoab Well, that's new. The only reason they don't get bombarded is because people have to wait until there is no internet service to troubleshoot this. Can't troubleshoot without the internet. So, they can keep ignoring this. While it's fresh, file a tech support ticket. Tell them you had to wait until you had the internet to submit a ticket, so there is no troubleshooting to be had. All I can do is SMFH

I've spent way more than $350. EA is all about their bottom line, not ours.
Message 265 of 281 (1,166 Views)

@jrhoab 

Could you provide a screenshot of the error message?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 266 of 281 (1,148 Views)

★ Guide

This may be a bit of a necro, but now that EA has had a solid month of server problems that deny me access to even offline access to my purchased product, do I have a right to complain?  Asking for a fanboi.

Message 267 of 281 (1,025 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So hypothetically speaking if Origin ever went out of business, the games we bought would be unaccessable. Our money wasted. This should be illegal to hold our games hostage unless we connect to your tyrannical client.

Message 268 of 281 (993 Views)

★ Guide
@jrhoab it should be, shouldn't it? It wasn't always that way, and they'd make us buy everything all over again on another platform like Steam. SMFH
Message 269 of 281 (976 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks, this is totally unbelievable. When my network got disconnected midgame it just kept working so I assumed I could play it offline as I used to on my PS3, the next day I couldn't start the game offline. Now that I fixed it with the neat instructions left here I still think it's outrageous to have to manually change the launcher before losing the connection so that you can play a solo game. Tho now it's triggered on its own by doing it once. I've previously had the problem that when the game download ended but the game wouldn't start, the rage I felt that time was bigger, fixed that downloading the needed thing from: 

https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/9.19.0218/PhysX-9.19.0218-SystemSoftware.exe  If they just tell people that they need stuff like that no one would be angry... *sigh, smh*

Message 270 of 281 (822 Views)