Can't play Origin sign-in games without Internet connection

by GothicSimmer

Original Post

Re: Can't play Origin sign-in games without Internet connection

[ Edited ]

@Qwelldrin

A.) This is pretty far off topic.

B.) You can install BF1 from disk. If it don't works out of the box, check if your virus scanner blocks auto-run or set Origin to offline mode.)

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Battlefield-1-DVD-install-Origin/m-p/5691502/highlight/tr...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 141 of 281 (1,133 Views)

★ Novice
I second the above, I have previously stopped buying from ea due to the substantial amount of bs there is to deal with, I then have a point where I have no internet so think "hey I'll pay some sims for a few weeks till I get internet" and within 24 hours, ea has reminded me why I don't spend money with them ,
You say your backwards drm system prevents piracy, but in reality it's so awkward that it is quicker and easier for me to find and play a cracked version than one I paid for

Drop me a msg on steam when you've sorted yourself out
Message 142 of 281 (1,063 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Yeah, EA is terrible. I have a brand new 4K TV with all the bells and whistles. I want to hook my desktop up to it to play SW: Battlefront. My options are:

Take the hatch off of my computer desk and put the 50" TV onto where my monitor is. 

Spend $20+ on a wifi card for my desktop, for the sole purpose of playing in my living room once in a blue moon when the mood arises. 

All because? EA is big brother? Piracy that still happens? Who knows, their reasoning isn't sufficient in any case.

I won't be buying EA products in the future until this is fixed.

Message 143 of 281 (793 Views)

@Konstantinov16

What should they fix?

Battlefront is a online multiplayer game, it is designed to be online.

You however can play the Instant-Action mode offline.

Origin Single player games can be played offline after the got registered for one time.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 144 of 281 (781 Views)

★★★ Newbie

A better question is, why wouldn't they fix it? You can play the single-player games offline by signing online first. I can't launch the game without first signing into Origin. What's the point?

Why include single-player mode at all if it's all going to be multiplayer / online mode? Doesn't make sense. But that's EA for you. Nonsense and excuses.

Message 145 of 281 (758 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Konstantinov16

Again, you can play about all Origin single player games (and the Skirmish mode of Battlefront)  offline after you registered the game for one time (at installation) online.

I go almost every year on vacation to a place were I have no internet at all, and the Origin offline mode works flawless every time. (And yes, I shut down my Notebook at every evening, not even using sleep mode.)

If that don't works on your machine, the problem is on your machine.

And yes, signing in to Origin is mandatory in offline mode, but that don't means you need to be online, it is a offline log in to the software.

If you still can't use offline mode without going online first, deactivate all network adapters in the Windows device manager > test.

If that still don't helps, clear your Origin cache:

All settings in Origin (only in Origin not in the games) are back to default settings after this.)

- close Origin completely. (right click on the Origin symbol in the task bar > close)
    - Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
    - Type or copy  "%ProgramData%/Origin" (without quotes) > hit ENTER
    - Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for the "LocalContent" folder. (The "LocalContent" folder must remain untouched.)
    - Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
    - Type or copy "%AppData%" (without quotes)  > hit ENTER
    - Now your Windows explorer should have brought you to your "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Roaming" folder
    - Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the "Roaming" folder
    - In the address bar of your Windows explorer click on the word "AppData".
    - Open the "Local" folder
    - Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the  "Local" folder
    - Restart your PC. > test

Edit: Typo

Message 146 of 281 (731 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is very annoying. The whole reason why I bought the Sims 3 and Sims 4 so I can play whenever I want without having to have internet. I’m very upset because I do not have internet and I have my disc but they want me to sign in which I can’t because no internet. Smh 🤦🏽‍♀️ all I want is to just play my game. Why can’t y’all just go back to the old stuff where you just need the disc to play the game. All this extra stuff is a BIG HEADACHE. Please go back to just needing the disc without having to sign in that should be optional not everyone can have internet. Please fix that ASAP so I can enjoy my games. 

Message 147 of 281 (692 Views)

@Desi__L0VE

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Can-t-play-Origin-sign-in-games-without-Internet-connecti...

Message 148 of 281 (687 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thanks but I still need internet in order to do all that. 😑
Message 149 of 281 (677 Views)

@Desi__L0VE

No, you don't need internet to disable the Network adapters of your Computer.

Also, Origin will ask you to log on in offline mode as well, that is a security measure.

If Origin does not accept the offline sign in, deactivate all network adapters in the Windows device manager > test.

Message 150 of 281 (669 Views)