Re: Can't play Origin sign-in games without Internet connection

by KingRayVeteran

Original Post

@KingRayVeteran 

KingRay5757 wrote:
Holger1405 I'm definitely tired of explaining this, and there is no question that you can't test this without losing access to the internet. Going into offline mode with Origin does not hold, and you can't login without a network. Let me say again, YOU CAN'T LOGIN WITHOUT A NETWORK!

Yes you can, I do it all the time at my vacation spot were no internet is available at all.

KingRay5757 wrote:

We shouldn't have to login with a game that is not multiplayer, and I'm not getting paid to keep troubleshooting Origin. So, I won't.

See, that is the problem.

It is of course your prerogative not to do it, but that makes your claim that it don't works at all not true.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 251 of 281 (963 Views)

★ Guide
@Holger1405 Gotta love the know-it-alls around here. NOT! The plausible deniability of it all. SMH
Message 252 of 281 (958 Views)

@KingRayVeteran  I'm not the person to help troubleshoot this issue, but I just wanted to say I've also never had any trouble playing games while my computer is offline.  I deliberately keep one OS offline at all times, unless I happen to need something, and it's not an issue.  As an example, I launch Sims 4 from its .exe, Origin shows me a login window, I enter my credentials, and the game opens as normal.

I expect this would work with Sims 3 as well, but the install in that OS doesn't require Origin at all.

One thing I don't have is a cleaner app that removes temp files.  I imagine that having one could also remove your login information, which would force you to go online again to verify your credentials.  I don't know whether you've looked into this or not; I haven't been keeping up with the thread.  I'm just tossing it out there as a potential reason that some people might find themselves needing online access to login.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 253 of 281 (944 Views)

★ Guide
@puzzlezaddict All I know is that it didn't work for me. I would ignore trying to, and the game wouldn't launch. There's a difference between being offline and having 0 internet connection. Same thing happens with my TV's WiFi signal, but alas ... I no longer have the same internet provider. It's been a long time since I tried any of this, and I no longer remember exactly what was going on ... except I couldn't play my game without being logged in to Origin.

A school was erected near where I used to live and our connection went out a lot. During those times, I couldn't do anything but watch Blu-Ray movies; couldn't get to my Amazon library, either. There's definitely a difference between having all services turned off, and being disconnected (offline). Can't be tested, because we can't force that to happen. Some of the people responding don't know what they're saying, because they can't reproduce that behavior. Don't need a cleaner program, because that won't reproduce this either.

I can't troubleshoot this unless I lose my services. I was just annoyed with that other person, because they were being a smart-a@@; so I returned the sentiment. LOL I may not understand how the game works in that mode, but I do know Windows PC's very very well. Standard smile
Message 254 of 281 (926 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

So came here looking to find a solution but it seems it won’t help me. I have NO INTERNET today and lo and behold! I also disabled the Ethernet cables just to show you that doesn’t work either to try to trick origin. Origin just gets stuck like this. Tried to force quit origin several times and restart and same blank thing. Can’t even sign in offline :/ 

edit: took the pic with my phone obviously, or else there is NO way I could have posted or found this post. Can’t believe this is still an issue since 2014!

Message 255 of 281 (914 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SweetVeggieAmai  yes, it's still an issue because people won't stop posting disclaimers. Running the game from Steam won't solve this silly problem either, because all of them have this 'offline' mode that doesn't truly put the state offline until services return. Without services, you can't even put it offline.

Message 256 of 281 (894 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

i literally just signed in to origins and what happened when i clicked my games library? a white screen that said that it cannot show content without internet connection.... so nobody tell me that there isnt an issue, as that should never happen in the first place, also the origin client is now unstable due to loading that stupid home page thing (which is entirely useless, we wanna see that stuff we can just enter the stupid store for gods sake), up till now i have defended ea not believing that they had fallen so low, but now theyre no different than blizzard, useless customer service, ignoring bug reports the whole shebang, i love the dragon age and mass effect games and have played them to death, owning them on multiple platforms (i own all 3 on pc and 360, and dai on ps4 aswell, and that one was so i could get the last dlc and use the golden nug, so i own it on 3 separate platfroms, mea on xb1, kingdoms of amalur on pc and 360), at this point itd prolly be best to just scrap origin and return gaming back to standalone programs that launch from desktop and dont require another program to run, hell i own nox which is an old as dirt pc game on origin but if i start it up it starts origin which makes zero sense as its a game that would in no way require such a thing (seeing as it was from the 90s when online gaming was barely a thing), also i notice that the topic is listed as solved when it isnt........

Message 257 of 281 (893 Views)

[ Edited ]

@KingRayVeteran 

KingRay5757 wrote:

I can't troubleshoot this unless I lose my services. I was just annoyed with that other person, because they were being a smart-a@@; so I returned the sentiment. LOL I may not understand how the game works in that mode, but I do know Windows PC's very very well. Standard smile

I guess the "smart-a@@" is me? Standard smile

For the Computer inside the network it doesn't mater at all if you loose your service or disconnect the Computer by hand. The result is the same, no network connection on the PC.

So you can troubleshot this, by simply disconnecting your computer from the network. 

@SweetVeggieAmai 

I would guess that there is a problem with the Origin cache.
Unfortunately you will need a internet connection to repair that problem.

If you have your connection back, follow this guide:

All settings in Origin (only in Origin not in the games) are back to default settings after this.)

• Close Origin completely.
    (right click on the Origin symbol in the task bar > close)
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%ProgramData%/Origin" (without quotes) into the new window > hit ENTER
  • Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for the "LocalContent" folder.
    (The "LocalContent" folder must remain untouched.)
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%AppData%" (without quotes) into the new window > hit ENTER
  • Now your Windows explorer should have brought you to your "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Roaming" folder.
  • Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the "Roaming" folder.
  • In the address bar of your Windows explorer click on "AppData".
  • Open the "Local" folder.
  • Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the  "Local" folder.
  • Restart your PC. > Disconnect from the internet. > Restart Origin if it was already running > Test.

@DanteBlack666 

After your description I asume you have a working internet connection but Origin tells you that it can't connect because there is no connection?
Is that right?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 258 of 281 (873 Views)

★ Guide
@Holger1405 Can't you see others have been complaining about the same thing since my post? Choose them to troubleshoot. I have way too much going on to deal with it. This problem has been ignored for 6 years, and it's obvious band-aids are being offered instead of fixes.

No, you're not the only smart-a@@ running people in circles and denying the reality of this problem; you're just the latest. Someone needs to contact Origin or EA tech support directly, but not me. Last time I did that, I spent hours & hours on the phone over a more hideous TS4 problem. Tech support reps aren't cognizant of the fact some of us have to use our computers for business.
Message 259 of 281 (863 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yeah i have a stable working internet connection, to get my library i had to shut down origin and restart it, if it was working correctly i wouldnt have had to even d that, i have both steam and origin and i have never had an issue with steam

Message 260 of 281 (823 Views)