by holger1405

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Can't play Origin sign-in games without Internet connection

@Jlynex0 

On what system do you play?

@KingRayVeteran 

KingRay5757 wrote:
Holger1405 I wish I could close this topic, because people like to just run their mouths about a different issue than is being described here. Tired of seeing responses now.

This is not your topic and the solution for this problem is still relevant.

As is that people who run into this problem can seek help.

Furthermore, it is not a different issue "than is being described here" it is the exactly same issue. 

KingRay5757 wrote:
Again, you know-it-all's are mistaking being offline with having no internet connection at all! IT WILL NOT PLAY. Now, if you disconnect your router/modem from the provider, turn off the modem and get it to play, you're talking about something. Otherwise, you're saying a whole lot of nothing for no reason, because you do not understand the problem. Perhaps you like hearing yourself think? Hahahahaha ... whatevah

I am sorry that you don't seem to understand what I, here for example, wrote.

I just tested it again, I shut down my Router, while my desktop PC was still running, and tried to start Mass Effect 1, Mass Effect 2, The Sims 3 & 4.

Origin did set itself into Offline mode, and all game worked flawless.

Then I restarted me desktop PC, the Router still without any power, and tried to start all this game again.
And guess what, they still worked perfectly fine in offline mode. Standard smile

The problem is on your system.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 221 of 281 (1,730 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

If you had any kind of manners, you would not tag me like I asked, @holger1405.  I could care less what you're saying; you're one of them that thinks irrelevant responses are relevant.  Rolling my eyes now.  SMH

Message 222 of 281 (1,695 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried:

-cache delete 

-offline login

I followed given steps, both times with the same result. Origin will start, I can login offline, but if I try to start up JFO, it recycles back to origin. 

If origin is offline, I am unable to play Jedi:Fallen order. 

I did not buy through origin. Could that be a cause? 

I am at a bit of a loss at the moment. This is a stupid * problem to have, but, it is a problem nonetheless

Message 223 of 281 (1,654 Views)

@mkomkomkomkokkmk 

I can't say if the fact that you bought the game not on Origin will make a difference, but I will ask around.

A few questions.

You did started the game at least ones in online mode?

You tried to disable all network adapters in your system?

Did you purchased on Steam?

DO other games work in offline mode?

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 224 of 281 (1,627 Views)

★ Guide

I didn't read any comments from prior to the recent problem. Origin updated and now there are problems....no surprise. I played TS3 Wed and then tried to play Thurs evening and, after first updating, it then kicked back to saying I was offline and to restart Origin. I did and same thing. Says critical update and I'm offline, which I'm not. I logged out of Origin and logged back in and no change. I restarted my PC and same thing. It goes through the motion of updating, asks if I want it to change my PC (some stupid Win10 thing) and then it disappears and the Origin window pops up with the "critical update" warning. Since then, randomly an Origin window pops up now and then, telling me I'm disconnected. Again, I'm not. So, just saying that I think this is an Origin issue and I'm just going to wait until tomorrow to see if they get around to fixing it. Just had to jump through hoops to fix Origin about a month or so ago. Perhaps they should actually make certain that their updates actually work before causing the amount of trouble they do.

Message 225 of 281 (1,606 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did connect already, after buying fallen order. I played the game for 3 weeks. I knew I was moving so I put it in offline mode. Still demands a login at my new home. Origin says that I need to login for a first time. It recognizes my password. Because when it doesn’t, it states my credentials are incorrect. So while I wait for my internet service to be installed I cannot play the game I paid for. This is *. I don’t care how it is spun, or what lawyer speak is used to justify this. I suppose I can only blame myself. After years of listening to what an awful company EA is, from every accredited media outlet and countless gamer friends, I still purchased the one good game they have published in the last decade. I hope Respawn takes their talent to another publisher. A great game, marred by atrocious and slimy businessmen. This is the absolute last game I buy from EA and I average 4 games a month at least. 

Message 226 of 281 (1,526 Views)

★★★ Newbie

WOW.

This thread has been here for 5 years and the same thing is still happening with Origin.

I have the latest Origin installed and I ALWAYS have to open as ADMIN (won't open without at all).....and ALWAYS

have to connect to the internet on startup just to gain access to the ONE AND ONLY game I have that uses Origin.

Home page on Origin is blank without internet.

I'm always traveling with work and don't always have internet available.

All the described methods to work around are irrelevant.

Shouldn't be required.

Try contacting support...... Nowt.

We bought the game and it's not an MMP so GIVE US ACCESS to the product sold.

I've had my rant and expect nothing to be done.

Money taken so no incentive to fix.

This thread is proof.

and may as well be closed as NO resolution here

Message 227 of 281 (1,423 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Nils Why you still do not have any solution? ... After 5 years. This is the biggest problem that ORIGIN has ... and you are doing nothing. Why?

Message 228 of 281 (1,338 Views)

@Celtian 

To which problem are you referring?

Message 229 of 281 (1,306 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@holger1405 Origin is still not working if you wanna play offline. For example FIFA 16 wants to confirm "Activate Your Game", when I already activeted the game. If I am offline I can not skip it. If I wanna play FIFA18, the game can be launched until i go online. I already own only FIFA series on Origin. I would like to migrate to Steam If it is possible, because Origin is realy bad client.

One thing that i totally do not understand why i should keep origin still up to date, when i want just play and any other functions are for me irrelevant.

Message 230 of 281 (1,160 Views)