Re: Can't play Origin sign-in games without Internet connection

by the1andonlyMoo

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

My computer's network adapter stopped working and all Origin does is display the little Chrome dinosaur and displays an error about no network connection.

Will I never be able to play The Sims 4 again unless I replace my network adapter? I've purchased every single pack and that's a lot of money to lose.

Message 211 of 281 (1,633 Views)

@jooliea 

The files that determinant that you own the game and possible some other files got corrupted.
There is a way to fix that problem, but you need a working internet connection to re-register the game afterwards

Do you have a Smartphone that has a plan including data? If so you could use the phone as a modem to get the registration for the game.

If not, you can buy very cheap adapters either for the PCie slot, if you have a desktop PC, or for the USB port, if you have a Notebook. (Will work on a Desktop as well)

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-TG-3468-Gigabit-Ethernet-PCI-Express/dp/B003CFATNI

https://www.amazon.com/Network-CableCreation-Ethernet-Supporting-Required/dp/B013G4C8RE

To solve the problem clear your Origin cache.
All settings in Origin (only in Origin not in the games) are back to default settings after this.)

• Close Origin completely.
    (right click on the Origin symbol in the task bar > close)
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%ProgramData%/Origin" (without quotes) into the new window > hit ENTER
  • Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for the "LocalContent" folder.
    (The "LocalContent" folder must remain untouched.)
  • Move the "The Sims 4" folder from inside the "LocalContent" folder to your desktop.
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%AppData%" (without quotes) into the new window > hit ENTER
  • Now your Windows explorer should have brought you to your "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Roaming" folder.
  • Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the "Roaming" folder.
  • In the address bar of your Windows explorer click on "AppData".
  • Open the "Local" folder.
  • Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the  "Local" folder.
  • Restart your PC. > test
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 212 of 281 (1,621 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Since it's the network adapter on my desktop, I can't use my phone to provide internet access to my desktop.

I am disabled and physically unable to go purchase and install a new network adapter and had expected that having no internet would not interfere with my ability to play my single player, offline game.

There's no way to put this computer on the internet right now.

The Sims 4 documentation says internet is only required for initial activation. I was playing successfully just fine until today when the network adapter died. 

I don't follow the data corruption bit, why do you think that's occurred?

Message 213 of 281 (1,607 Views)

@jooliea 

jooliea  wrote:

Since it's the network adapter on my desktop, I can't use my phone to provide internet access to my desktop.

It works as well on a desktop.

Here is a guide for Android phones, if you google you will also find guides if you have a iPhone.

jooliea  wrote:

The Sims 4 documentation says internet is only required for initial activation. I was playing successfully just fine until today when the network adapter died. 

I don't follow the data corruption bit, why do you think that's occurred?

I don't know, there are many possible reasons.

It is unfortunate that such things happen but the way things are in our days, there is no way to repair this without a internet connection AFAIK.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 214 of 281 (1,597 Views)

★ Guide

@Holger1405 wrote:

@KingRayVeteran 

As you can see I responded to @DarkKrus  about that. Standard smile

And I will, once again, reaped what I said several times before in this thread:

1. You don't have to go online to go offline.
    If Origin works correctly the offline mode will work after a sudden loss of the internet connection without problems.
    The only exception to this rule is to register the game online at the first start. And that you need an internet connection to do this is clearly stated in the terms and conditions.

2. I go on vacation to a place without interconnection at all, for several years now, and the offline mode of Origin works flawless every time.
    And yes, I shut down my notebook every day. Wink

3. EA will not detach single player games from Origin.
    a. Because it is not necessary, the offline mode works under normal circumstances.
    b. Because they would lose their most important DRM measure.

Edit: Btw, if you own TS3 on disk as long as you say, you still can install the game without using Origin.

If you have one of the old digital copies you are out of luck here, then you would need to get yourself a Disk version from pre-September 2012 to avoid Origin. (and disc copies of all packs you want to play as well.)

Please stop talking to me, because you know not what you're putting in here.  I have a desktop, it never moves, I never reinstall this game, because I have all the expansion packs and that would be silly to do.  Terms & conditions has nothing to do with the fact I can't play the game without the internet, nor can I maintain a login when Origin logs me out.  This isn't the only game I play, and there are times I have to login ... even when I never logged-out.  If I have to reboot my system, etc., I suppose the login is lost.  When it comes back up, I don't have Origin in my startups to log back in.  Not sure why you're going this route with me, and I'm still not getting another game that has to be logged-in this way when it's not multiplayer.  I kind of consider this line of a response patronizing and not understanding what's going on over here.

Unless you're just caping for EA/Origin, none of that will help me have any better of a feeling how this thing works anymore.  Origin is interfering with a game I spent plenty money on, and just shame on them!  If it's not multiplayer, the software should BUTT-OUT and take its HANDS-OFF the game.  It's unnecessary to play The Sims 3.  Playing with the CD may or may not help, and I will try it, but don't appreciate having to do anything EXTRA because of this piece if crap software in the middle.  Oh, and this is unresponsive and unaccountable kind of corporate nonsense that has become the 'norm' when it isn't normal for games like this ... including SimCity.

Oh, oh, oh, I know what this is.  Need to have the last word or be right, no matter how silly it sounds to my original complaint & my configuration (no laptop here)?  Have at it, but I'm not buying that ticket; egos be damned!  LOL  I probably didn't even see your response to that user, because condescension is not what will resolve this for me.  Origin tweaking their software WILL!

Message 215 of 281 (1,571 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Nils I signed on the first time and play that save games. Every time I tried to play my game it makes me sign on
Message 216 of 281 (1,252 Views)

★★ Novice

Dude this is why EA sucks compared to Rockstar and other games. The sims WILL NOT load if you are offline if the game magically decides a it needs to reinstall. BE WARNED! How pathetic. It’s bad enough that I’m paying for rain and objects but if the game isn’t even playable while offline it is legit a scam. I will never buy another EA product. So done with this company! So many Money grabs and content that just makes no sense. For example:  You want players to pay to get a hot tub that should of been put in the spa day pack and honestly just too many examples to keep track of. I honestly recommend everyone go play red dead redemption. Rockstar gives players the option to grind for the dlc. They are so much better. As a long time sims player I’m giving up on it. In the future I hope a new games puts sims to an end! Y’all ruined one of the best games over greed and origin.

Message 217 of 281 (1,035 Views)

★ Guide

Again, you know-it-all's are mistaking being offline with having no internet connection at all!  IT WILL NOT PLAY.  Now, if you disconnect your router/modem from the provider, turn off the modem and get it to play, you're talking about something.  Otherwise, you're saying a whole lot of nothing for no reason, because you do not understand the problem.  Perhaps you like hearing yourself think?  Hahahahaha ... whatevah

Anyway, apparently, The Sims 4 doesn't have that problem, but I will have to wait until I lose the internet to see if I can play that one without the internet.  Putting it 'offline' and playing isn't the same ordeal we're talking about, and I wish some of you would put your egos in check.  I've been playing this game since the very first version, and I know how it's supposed to behave, versus how it does.  You should actually be embarrassed for the silly answers you're giving to a different issue ... but, of course you won't be, because being right is more important than being flat-out wrong and reproducing the actual issue.  SMH

Go back to sleep and save your keystrokes ... wrong answer for the right (and different) problem! Raised eyebrow

Message 218 of 281 (1,016 Views)

★ Guide
@Holger1405 I wish I could close this topic, because people like to just run their mouths about a different issue than is being described here. Tired of seeing responses now.
Message 219 of 281 (1,012 Views)

★ Guide

@GothicSimmer Perhaps you can close this post, because EA/Origin isn't going to do anything about this, and people keep wearing themselves out or trying to collect badges for responses that do nothing!  LOL   Teeth bared

I also figured out where to unsubscribe, but if someone tags me, I'll get a msg.  So, please don't tag me about this, because I don't care about things they won't do something about.

Message 220 of 281 (1,011 Views)