Re: Can't play Origin sign-in games without Internet connection

by KingRayVeteran

Original Post

★★ Novice

To really test what he is talking about, you need to turn off your wifi and disconnect the internet cable, then turn off your computer. Turn on your computer and start origin without any internet connection. Origin does not really have a offline mode. You have to be online to go offline, and if you have to turn off your computer, you are out of luck. 

Message 201 of 281 (1,504 Views)

@DarkKrus 

I'm really trying not to talk out of my behind here, comes with the rank. Wink

Of course I tested with a reboot while being offline.

After the reboot TS3 works offline as it did before the reboot.

Origin has a offline mode.

Try to clear your Origin cache.
All settings in Origin (only in Origin not in the games) are back to default settings after this.)

(You need to connect online for one time after you did this)

• Close Origin completely.
    (right click on the Origin symbol in the task bar > close)
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%ProgramData%/Origin" (without quotes) into the new window > hit ENTER
  • Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for the "LocalContent" folder.
    (The "LocalContent" folder must remain untouched.)
  • Move the TS3 folder from the "LocalContent" folder to your desktop.
  • Type or copy and paste "%AppData%" (without quotes) into the new window > hit ENTER
  • Now your Windows explorer should have brought you to your "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Roaming" folder.
  • Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the "Roaming" folder.
  • In the address bar of your Windows explorer click on "AppData".
  • Open the "Local" folder.
  • Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the  "Local" folder.
  • Restart your PC. > test

If that don't works, try to disable all network adapters in the "network connections" manager of Windows.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 202 of 281 (1,494 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm not sure why anybody keeps saying to login to play in offline mode.  You can't login to anything when the network connection is completely down!!!!!  You keep testing something I'm not telling you to test.  Reconnecting the router to play is exactly why I can't play when my network provider has taken down my connection for unknown reasons.  I have no control over that, and you shouldn't be trying to login.  Like I've stated over and over, I cannot play without that; can't connect the router to air without a network connection.  That happened 3 times in one week, and at least for 48 hours I couldn't play my game.  That is when I wanted to play the most, because I didn't have cable TV either, nor would my Firestick work with 0 connection to the internet; connects through the WiFi of my modem.  ZERO!  I should NOT have to login at all to play this game; The Sims 3 is not multiplayer and Origin is full of it to force us to login when we have nothing to login with.  UGH Raised eyebrow

Message 203 of 281 (1,453 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Holger1405 wrote:

@DarkKrus 

I'm really trying not to talk out of my behind here, comes with the rank. Wink

Of course I tested with a reboot while being offline.

After the reboot TS3 works offline as it did before the reboot.

Origin has a offline mode.

Try to clear your Origin cache.
All settings in Origin (only in Origin not in the games) are back to default settings after this.)

(You need to connect online for one time after you did this)

• Close Origin completely.
    (right click on the Origin symbol in the task bar > close)
  • Type or copy and paste "%ProgramData%/Origin" (without quotes) into the new window > hit ENTER
  • Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for the "LocalContent" folder.
    (The "LocalContent" folder must remain untouched.)
  • Move the TS3 folder from the "LocalContent" folder to your desktop.
  • Type or copy and paste "%AppData%" (without quotes) into the new window > hit ENTER
  • Now your Windows explorer should have brought you to your "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Roaming" folder.
  • Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the "Roaming" folder.
  • In the address bar of your Windows explorer click on "AppData".
  • Open the "Local" folder.
  • Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the  "Local" folder.
  • Restart your PC. > test

If that don't works, try to disable all network adapters in the "network connections" manager of Windows.

See what I said above.  If the network provider took away your router's ability to connect to the internet, guess what I CAN'T DO???  Login to go into offline mode.  You need to think logically about this, and be on the other end of ... the network is down, down, down!  No router, no WiFi, no nothing to login with.

Message 204 of 281 (1,447 Views)

[ Edited ]

@KingRayVeteran  schrieb:

I'm not sure why anybody keeps saying to login to play in offline mode.  You can't login to anything when the network connection is completely down!!!!! 

"- Start Origin > login (that is also required in offline mode.)" That is what I wrote in the accepted solution of this thread, should tell you anything you need to know.

The login in offline mode is a security measure. It has nothing to do with logging on to a network, you log on to the client. The software installed on your PC.

RayFoxx57  schrieb:

See what I said above. If the network provider took away your router's ability to connect to the internet, guess what I CAN'T DO??? Login to go into offline mode. You need to think logically about this, and be on the other end of ... the network is down, down, down! No router, no WiFi, no nothing to login with.

As said several times in this thread, if Origin is not recognising that there is no internet-connection and therefore is not set to offline mode, close Origin, disable all network adapters inside Windows > restart Origin > log on > Play your game. 

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 205 of 281 (1,423 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

How about for the Battlefront2 and Battlefield 1??

Message 206 of 281 (1,311 Views)

[ Edited ]

@LoveAnKing 

Both are online multiplayer games. I never tried the campaign of either in offline mode, so I don't know.

The system requirements for both game list a permanent internet connection. 

Message 207 of 281 (1,303 Views)

★ Guide

The game is The Sims 3, which is not multiplayer and never was.  Like I said, before Origin entered the picture, I was able to play the game without connecting to the internet; I don't care what it says now.  It didn't say that when I first purchased the game direct from EA.  Why do people,who weren't there in the beginning, keep having something to say?  Is this a know-it-all syndrome or crab-syndrome?  Go back to the base, quite a few expansions in, and you'll realize Origin wasn't in the picture nor "on the box".  Pffffffffffffff... Raised eyebrow

Message 208 of 281 (1,248 Views)

★ Guide

@DarkKrus wrote:

To really test what he is talking about, you need to turn off your wifi and disconnect the internet cable, then turn off your computer. Turn on your computer and start origin without any internet connection. Origin does not really have a offline mode. You have to be online to go offline, and if you have to turn off your computer, you are out of luck. 

That's it, DarkKrus!!!!!!  It doesn't have an offline mode if you have to go online to go offline.  Everything else people are saying has nothing to do with what I've been complaining about all along.  Thank you for getting what I was saying.  When I have no services at all, which is almost like being without electricity, I'd like to be able to play games that I don't need other people to play with me, i.e., multiplayer games.  I won't buy games that aren't multiplayer, but forced to be online anyway; that part is ridiculous.  EA needs to detach those games from dependency on Origin ... PERIOD!

Message 209 of 281 (1,229 Views)

[ Edited ]

@KingRayVeteran 

As you can see I responded to @DarkKrus  about that. Standard smile

And I will, once again, reaped what I said several times before in this thread:

1. You don't have to go online to go offline.
    If Origin works correctly the offline mode will work after a sudden loss of the internet connection without problems.
    The only exception to this rule is to register the game online at the first start. And that you need an internet connection to do this is clearly stated in the terms and conditions.

2. I go on vacation to a place without interconnection at all, for several years now, and the offline mode of Origin works flawless every time.
    And yes, I shut down my notebook every day. Wink

3. EA will not detach single player games from Origin.
    a. Because it is not necessary, the offline mode works under normal circumstances.
    b. Because they would lose their most important DRM measure.

Edit: Btw, if you own TS3 on disk as long as you say, you still can install the game without using Origin.

If you have one of the old digital copies you are out of luck here, then you would need to get yourself a Disk version from pre-September 2012 to avoid Origin. (and disc copies of all packs you want to play as well.)

Message 210 of 281 (1,214 Views)