Re: Can't play Origin sign-in games without Internet connection

by lizzi2403

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

That catch does not work if access to the internet is down!  Rebooting will not connect a dead provider, no matter what you do.  Issue is this game isn't an online game; it's single-player.  I started playing this game before Origin came into existence, and once I had it, EA connected it to Origin; the rest was history.  Too late to purchase it elsewhere, since I got it from EA originally ... not Origin.  Makes no sense to make it behave like a multi-player online game when it isn't.  Interesting that my conversation is missing the person I was talking to ... hahahahaha.  Looks like I'm talking to myself.  I can't even remember who was responding, but they deleted their comments?  How strange!!!

Message 191 of 281 (1,110 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I will step to court if i cannot play my games offline thag i bought. That is forbidden here. 

Message 192 of 281 (1,070 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Go into the game folder where its installed and click the game .exe file instead of the launcher.

Message 193 of 281 (940 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Use the exe file in program files

Message 194 of 281 (940 Views)

★ Guide

@lizzi2403 wrote:

Go into the game folder where its installed and click the game .exe file instead of the launcher.

I've done this, and that launcher still comes up.  In fact, I have a shortcut to that .exe file as well.  Will go back to clicking the executable directly and see what happens; haven't tried it that way in a while.  Will let you know what happens.  I think there's something in the executable that calls the launcher; not sure.

Message 195 of 281 (904 Views)

★ Guide

@lizzi2403 wrote:

Use the exe file in program files

Yep ... just like I thought.  All the executable files call the Origin Launcher and you can't start that game without it.  I tried the base game and the last expansion pack executable files.  That includes 4 different files doing the same thing in each version, i.e., TS3W.exe, TS3.exe, Sims3Launcher.exe and of course Sims3LauncherW.exe.  Different base file names in the expansions.  People, stop giving advice if you haven't tested this yourself; just wasting people's time.

If you know of a way to get around Origin's launcher, and have tested it, tell us all.  Otherwise, I'm done buying games that hook into Origin.  In my case, I bought the game from EA before they jumped in bed with that company.  One of the updates probably hooked the 2 companies together.  I have all the expansions, so it could've happened at anytime while I was playing The Sims 3 without Origin & purchasing expansions over the years.  It actually used to work that way, even after they married each other, but at some point, the updates changed all executables to work the same way.

Frown

Message 196 of 281 (895 Views)

★★ Novice

@Fiveshop_R5 wrote:

I will step to court if i cannot play my games offline thag i bought. That is forbidden here. 

You are not correct. You do not own the game. Games have to be looked at like a trip to Disney world. You pay for the entertainment, not the rides themselves, and you can be kicked out at anytime. No country that ea does business in requires the actual sale of the game itself. 

Message 197 of 281 (862 Views)

@KingRayVeteran 

RayFoxx57  schrieb:

In my case, I bought the game from EA before they jumped in bed with that company. One of the updates probably hooked the 2 companies together.

First, there is no "Origin" company.

It was the name of a game Developer once, but that Studio was closed down in 2004 .

The "Origin" of today is the digital distribution platform of Electronic Arts.

For the Problem:

Nothing in the accepted solution of these threads has changed.

You still can play almost all Single player games in offline mode, and that includes the Sims 3. (And yes, I tested it just now)

If that don't works for you then there is a problem on your computer.

Please answer this question first: 

What's your Origin versions number? (Origin menu > help > about.)

What OS do you use?

Do you normally have a internet connection on the machine you play TS3 on and if yes, is it working now? 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 198 of 281 (844 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Holger1405 wrote:

@KingRayVeteran 

RayFoxx57  schrieb:

In my case, I bought the game from EA before they jumped in bed with that company. One of the updates probably hooked the 2 companies together.

First, there is no "Origin" company.

It was the name of a game Developer once, but that Studio was closed down in 2004 .

The "Origin" of today is the digital distribution platform of Electronic Arts.

For the Problem:

Nothing in the accepted solution of these threads has changed.

You still can play almost all Single player games in offline mode, and that includes the Sims 3. (And yes, I tested it just now)

If that don't works for you then there is a problem on your computer.

Please answer this question first: 

What's your Origin versions number? (Origin menu > help > about.)

What OS do you use?

Do you normally have a internet connection on the machine you play TS3 on and if yes, is it working now? 

You misunderstand the problem.  Disconnect your modem from the internet, and you cannot play the game in offline-mode.  This happened when my service was down several times in a week, and I could NOT go into that mode to play The Sims 3 without a connection to the internet.  THAT is the problem here.  I had no internet, TV, or landline during that time.  So, you can't test this unless your computer has no connected to the internet.  Test THAT part!  I don't care what Origin is ... it's in the way of playing games that don't need the internet to play them ... like multiplayer games do.  Since I don't know when that will happen, I don't get a chance to jump online and put Origin into offline-mode to play the game I paid lots of $$$$$ for.  UGH

Message 199 of 281 (815 Views)

@KingRayVeteran 

First, sorry for the late answer, I was extremely busy at work.

It doesn't matter if the Computer alone or the Router is disconnected, for Origin that makes no difference. 

(I disconnected my Router to test.)

What Origin does if it can't connect is that it sets itself into offline mode. But after logging on to Origin you should still be able to play the game in offline mode, as it is working for me.

Did you tried the to disable the network adapter of you computer as suggested in the accepted solution of this thread?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 200 of 281 (749 Views)