Re: Can't play Origin sign-in games without Internet connection

by DarkKrus

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Your link isn't telling me how i fix the problem without having to log in every five seconds 

Message 181 of 281 (996 Views)

★ Guide

Not exactly how I got to putting Origin in offline mode, but I much prefer not to have to go through them just to play a game.  I didn't purchase the base through Origin (and only some of the expansion packs), so why must we use it to play?  My service went out for over 14 hours last night, and I tried to play The Sims 3.  Nothing would happen, because Origin couldn't be contacted.  I remember when I just double-clicked that game on my desktop, and it would play.

I put Origin in offline mode and hope I don't have to use it to play this game anymore.  I have others, and I also have Steam.  I don't think I saw the instructions to connect my game to Steam, but it also requires some kind of internet connectivity, or it says certain stats will be lost and synchronization will not occur.  Nothing to synchronize with The Sims 3, so that shouldn't be a problem.  I'll see if I can add it after-the-fact, because I purchased none of that game and its expansion packs from Steam.

Message 182 of 281 (966 Views)

★ Guide
Well, that didn't work, and I'm not killing my internet connection to see if I can play the game w/o Origin popping up. Seems like it just allows me to go straight to the game without starting it from Origin, but it shows up and goes away just before I see my game menu. UGH
Message 183 of 281 (965 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Origin is the client, not my game!  Shouldn't be required to use them to play games we've paid for, but don't use the internet to play them.  I'm invisible anyway, when I play The Sims 3 or The Sims 4.  Used to be able to play them without Origin.  I'm not happy with EA's decision to force users to go through Origin, and someone made a poor choice to do it this way!  Obviously the decision-makers don't play games for hours-on-end, and have no idea how this really impacts your user-base.

Spoiler

Message 184 of 281 (957 Views)

★ Guide
I've been playing since day 1 as well. This was a stupid decision, and it's obvious that EA employee who commented in here is hiding now! These monopolies could care less how their decisions effect us, and to that I say POPPYCOCK, EA & Origin!
Message 185 of 281 (960 Views)

★ Guide
Of course not! They know they're wrong and don't want to be accountable or own any part of their stupid mistake to use Origin. It's all about money to them, not usability. Pffffffffffffff...
Message 186 of 281 (954 Views)

★ Guide
AGREE!
Message 187 of 281 (954 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

We are well aware of the problem, but, can you explain to me the point of a offline mode that requires you to be online to start. The official answers to this thread are worse then unhelpful, it's patronizing. If you wish to lease a online game from origin ,then you should be fine, but  I suggest if you wish to lease a single player game, you get it somewhere else

Message 188 of 281 (840 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

there is a catch, you actual need to reboot , so system start up with a MS network ip-adr 169.x.x.x , reason is so apps dont waste time on still try access gateway to see if it can connect.

ps.
have seen apps almost make a frozen pc for hammer on door ( gateway )
this can lead to unseen crashes depend resume retry to connect.

yes you can do ipconfig - release and renew but some apps today keep hammer at door , so reboot can be faster.

Message 189 of 281 (832 Views)

★★ Novice

It worked only once.I cant start orgin offline anymore.I have to go online first,then I can go offline and play my games,but if I completely close orgin its the same  again, go online to play offline,even when I did as you wrote .

Message 190 of 281 (742 Views)