Re: Can't play Origin sign-in games without Internet connection

by Imperius12588

Original Post

★★ Novice

You do realise that this is a non issue to people who are comfortable with technology. But this a huge slap in the face to the average custommer who barely know how to make their computer work.

I hate to say but this but this kind of behaviour toward fair custommers kind of encourgae piracy... Pirated game will always work in offline mode...

I found that weird when i first played star wars battlefront. i was connected to the internet. Everything worked fine.
Later i bring my laptop with me to vacation home...where there is 0 internet.. I turned on my computer. started origin. went to offline mode by default. And when i lunched the game.

It prompted me with a activation window, telling me to activate the game.. Wasn't that already done? 

Well it seems that it does that to all origin games. The activation script is bypassed when connected online.. Which kind "screw up" the activation process when the user want to play offline.

So later when i went back home. i decided to turn off my internet "airplane mode" and start each origin game i had one by one. to trigger the activation window prompt..Entered the credentials. Turn back on the internet.. and then correctly activated my games... one by one.. Now i can use them in offline mode.

If this issue isn't adressed, then it clearly shows what The higher echalon of EA games really think of thier custommers..

I don't want to have to install 2 version of each origin games i have payed for.. one legit and another pirated...just for offline play...

Message 131 of 281 (1,562 Views)

@su37yellow

@su37yellow wrote:

You do realise that this is a non issue to people who are comfortable with technology. But this a huge slap in the face to the average custommer who barely know how to make their computer work.

If Origin works correctly all you have to do is to to go online the first time you start the game.

The game will get registered to your account and Origin will write the necessary data for offline mode to your hard disk.

After that you can start the SP games without any further actions in offline mode.

In your case it seams that Origin didn't wrote the data to your hard drive or that the data got corrupted.

That on the other hand can have many reasons and so it is almost impossible to say what the culprit was, but as said, it is not normal behaviour.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 132 of 281 (1,504 Views)

★★ Novice

Just to note. the issue i am having from is a fresh install on windows 10 home edition on a brand new laptop. with barely no modification to the parameters.

I would encoourage EA to further investigate the issue, to see why game registration is not applied as it should.

Message 133 of 281 (1,491 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Origin is holding peoples PAID for games to RANSOM, if you have a new computer, with No internet access.

No way to download Origin.

No way to DOWNLOAD your paid for game to your new computer.

Yet if i just buy it from the shop in CD format i have none of these problems.

strange really.

Why not just send people the games they have bought so they can actually enjoy the games they have bought? Your service is not the ransom of peoples games until you have internet. Is it? because that is what it is. 

Basically is theft as others have said.

Will not use ORIGIN ever again for these reasons.

Message 134 of 281 (1,448 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi! I read every single post, I’m currently on my phone right now because... no internet. So I tried starting Origin and logging in, using my correct password and the client just “restarted” and erased everything except my email. I turned the WiFi off and everything. I even tried using the wrong password to see if it did anything different. It did. It said my credentials were incorrect, which was true. But if I use my right password, again, it just restarts and doesn’t log me in. Is there any way to log into origin without internet?
Message 135 of 281 (1,399 Views)

★ Novice

But if I use my right password, again, it just restarts and doesn’t log me in. Is there any way to log into origin without internet?

I have the exact same problem. My internet is patchy at best and it refuses to let me play offline even if I have been logged on the very same day. It just infinitely loops in 'Online sign in is not available'.

That's even with manually disabled networks, and clean Cache.

I guess EA wants us to download pirated versions and never pay a penny...

Message 136 of 281 (1,360 Views)

[ Edited ]

@umabbas @Angelizze

It is probably not possible to repair this problem without internet connection.

Make sure you run the newest version of Origin. https://www.origin.com/store/download

If the offline mode still don't works, clear your Origin cache:

All settings in Origin (only in Origin not in the games) are back to default settings after this.)

- close Origin completely. (right click on the Origin symbol in the task bar > close)
    - Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
    - Type or copy  "%ProgramData%/Origin" (without quotes) > hit ENTER
    - Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for the "LocalContent" folder. (The "LocalContent" folder must remain untouched.)
    - Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
    - Type or copy "%AppData%" (without quotes)  > hit ENTER
    - Now your Windows explorer should have brought you to your "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Roaming" folder
    - Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the "Roaming" folder
    - In the address bar of your Windows explorer click on the word "AppData".
    - Open the "Local" folder
    - Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the  "Local" folder
    - Restart your PC. > test

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 137 of 281 (1,344 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice
At least with steam, when my net is out I could still log in and play with no issue. God I hate everything E.A
Message 138 of 281 (1,302 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
This is why so many people hate origin and EA. I’m trying to play mass effect 2 offline I’ve already played and activated the game online before. I’ve disabled my adapters and have origin in offline mode and it’s still prompting me to activate the game and sign in. People pay money to play games when they want not only when online is available.
Message 139 of 281 (1,236 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Origins rubbish servers and FORCED logins have put me off buying anymore Origin games, BF1 needed reinstalling because it would no longer start with Black screen even though I own the DVD's I am forced to install from Origins servers which will take 20hours on a 200MB line only gettintg around 800K from there servers no amount of running a OUTRACE will make the rubbish support work, I bought the game for single player mode I own The DVD I license the game with Origin to play I have an internet connection but still I have to use your Lousy servers to install something that would take less than an hour from the DVD I Bought. ORIGIN is such a naff online service it is no longer worth concidering, I wonder if your game developers know that down to your service platform people will leave EA connected games. Steam will install games of 60GB in less than an hour. SHAME on you EA. 

Message 140 of 281 (1,146 Views)