Re: Can't play Origin sign-in games without Internet connection

by Pramethius

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I agree we should not have to be logged In to Origin Online just to play Witcher3, I purchased the game an hardly play it because, of this on line log in, I don't want to be monitor on my every move, an Steam is not a whole lot better, If your game crashes on Steam while your running it in off line Mode, Its all over for you to, Steam will require an Internet connection at that point to run the game again, Steam will see the game as corrupt at one crash even if its not, So I recommend, not buying games from any of these third party don't give a * game retailers with absolutely no support, like pulling teeth once you do get a hold of some one, lmfao, Gaming on Steam has always been a pain in the azz! 

Message 121 of 281 (1,165 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

deleted

Message 122 of 281 (1,156 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Rairanya

You only need to be connected for the first time you play the game, to get it unlocked, after that it should work in offline mode.

If that don't works there is a problem on your machine.

Clear your Origin cache. 
All settings in Origin (only in Origin, not in the games) are back to default settings after this.)

- close Origin completely. (right click on the Origin symbol in the task bar > close)
    - Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
    - Type or copy  "%ProgramData%/Origin" (without quotes) > hit ENTER
    - Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for the "LocalContent" folder. (The "LocalContent" folder must remain untouched.)
    - Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
    - Type or copy "%AppData%" (without quotes)  > hit ENTER
    - Now your Windows explorer should have brought you to your "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Roaming" folder
    - Delate the "Origin"  folder inside the "Roaming" folder
    - In the address bar of your Windows explorer click on the word "AppData".
    - Open the "Local" folder
    - Delate the "Origin"  folder inside the  "Local" folder
    - Restart your PC. > test

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 123 of 281 (1,137 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

deleted

Message 124 of 281 (1,127 Views)

★★★★ Novice

the only way to do that would be to log on to Origin Online before you board the ship, the turn of your wifi on the laptop, breaking connection, but still logged into Origin on the desktop of the laptop an don't ever turn it off ? JOKE, you could do it though, If you never lost power to the said laptop your boarding the ship with an playing the game on, as long as Origin stays open, it  can lose it connection an remain capable of running, any game in your lib, Good Luck With That! ;-)

Message 125 of 281 (1,116 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Holger1405 wrote:

@Rairanya

You are able to play The Sims 4 in offline mode. 

There was a problem with a Origin update a few weeks ago but that has been fixed, so Offline mode should work without a problem.

(As it did in 2015 already, barring for problems on specific machines.)

Have you tried it your self or you going by that Memo in your mail box ? because it don't work most times, an user must be aware of Cloud save navigation, or HD SSD PC saves? If your going to help? I suggest you get off your high horse, an get the fax before you look a fool.

Message 126 of 281 (1,111 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Rairanya

You only need to be connected for the very first time you play the game.

After that, you can play the game for at least several months without an internet connection and it doesn't matter if you shutdown the computer or bring it to another place. 

I'm going on vacation to a place without interconnection twice a year since at least 2010 and I never had any problems with the offline mode.

I also tested it again today to make sure the problem with the offline mode that occurred several weeks ago is completely fixed, and it worked without problems.

If the offline mode don't works as I outlined above the problem is on your machine. (what is your Origin versions number? )

Again, clear your Origin cache, reboot, go online for one time (check the "remember me" at logon)  and then disable your network connection and test the game in offline mode.

If it works reboot your machine and you will see that it still works in offline mode.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 127 of 281 (1,084 Views)

@Pramethius

I would appreciate if you would stop to make several post about the same problem, there is an "edit" button at AHQ in case you diden't noticed. 

Message 128 of 281 (1,082 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

deleted

Message 129 of 281 (1,064 Views)

@Rairanya

Good to hear, have fun gaming.

Message 130 of 281 (1,005 Views)