Re: Can't play Origin sign-in games without Internet connection

by lisamarie1962

Original Post

@musiceternal

There is no "Online" rule, you can play the Sims 4 offline.

If that don't works at your machine there is a problem on your machine.
I would suggest to read up and try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this thread.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 101 of 281 (1,302 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Origin doe not work in Offline mode. I had zero internet for the past two weeks and in that time I was unable to play TS4. Why? Because whenever I tried it would display the origin login menu and would not work due to no internet connection. I did all the  things people have stated here to allow me to play in offline mode and guess what, none worked. And maybe if I was able to leave my computer all for the entire two week I went without internet it would have been fine since I would just open origin while I was connected and just never turn my computer off. But here's the thing, I moved. I had no internet because I moved. My computer (which is a desktop) moved with me. And sure if my phone and data aloud me to use it as a hotspot then maybe I could have been able to connect, but I live in an area when that is not possible.

TD:LR Origin does NOT start without internet.

Message 102 of 281 (1,272 Views)

@xTheLadyHades

@xTheLadyHades wrote:

TD:LR Origin does NOT start without internet.

I just tested it again to see if there is a problem with an update. On my end offline mode worked flawless. (I tested with reboot.)

What did you tried to fix this in detail?  

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 103 of 281 (1,267 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I agree with you. I miss the days you could buy a game... Install it to your PC and play. Simple as that.

Message 104 of 281 (1,236 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

What a lie this is from Origin.

Can I use Origin while offline?

Definitely! You have to be online the first time you start a game so we can make sure everything's working right, but after that you can play most single-player games offline. Even getting stuck on a deserted island won't get in your way - as long as you can find a power socket.

Origin is the worst thing EA has ever come up with. You play a game for several hrs and days... Oops now you have... no internet connection. Origin says sorry you need to log in to play this game. But you never can cause you have no internet access for some reason. What a headache.

Message 105 of 281 (1,229 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

No this doesn't help. Since your advice is to be connected to the internet in the first place so you can go offline. Redundant actually because every time I turn on my computer Origin tries to connect me to the internet even if I happen to be in offline mode when I shut it down. So just NO.

Message 106 of 281 (1,234 Views)

[ Edited ]

@lisamarie1962

I would appreciate it if you would start to edit your post and not to post several replays for the same problem.

What Origin does in offline mode if it works properly is to prompt you for your credentials.

That is normal behaviour, you'll must log on to Origin even in offline mode.

Message 107 of 281 (1,231 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
This is fraud. I can't play a game I paid for, just because I don't have internet on my pc? *. EA is never getting my money again. No one I know is buying from EA if I can help it. These supposed anti-piracy measures only make people go towards piracy instead of against it. I want to play my game whenever I feel like it. Buying it doesn't seem to let me do that. Incomplete, mediocre games, and now I can't even access what I paid for? I'm done with this scam of a company.
Message 108 of 281 (1,165 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just had a several day long outage of Internet access and Origin was stuck at the "Connecting to Origin ..." (or what its name is) splash screen

There was no back or forth !

Of course I had logged in BEFORE and had ticked the setting to keep the password / login credentials stored.

No chance to play Mass Effect 2 offline or even GET into Origin (stuck at "Connecting to Origin ...")

• Pseudo-(offline)login of Origin (while the PC has NO Internet connection whatsoever) is broken [tested on Windows 10 Professional Anniversary Edition], it is STUCK at "Connecting to Origin ..." - this happens when using a non-Administrator account or running Origin WITHOUT Administrator permissions
  • The same happens with Origin run with Administrator permissions, the login credentials were stored before and had logged in before (also stuck at "Connecting to Origin ..."

Origin version is 10.5.3.61001

The solution CANNOT and MUST NOT be that you have to log into Origin, keep Origin (permanently !) running and hibernate your PC (or laptop) in order to be able to play once Internet connection is lost.

Think of

• Origin crashing
  • Power outages
  • Dual-boot setups (e.g. Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, etc.)
  • Hibernation / Standby state becoming corrupted (reboot needed) when there is NO Internet [e.g. Internet outage, a broken Telephone line, etc.]
  • additional and similar cases

Is EA really thinking that customers want to be 1000% at their mercy ?

Those games have been BOUGHT !

This even applies to older games, which is ridiculous !

Why does nowadays EVERYTHING has to be CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD ?

What if the CLOUD is DOWN or gone ?

BYE BYE everything ? !

Back to Stone Age ?

Message 109 of 281 (978 Views)

@loki_n_bartleby

I could reproduce the issue on two of my own machines.
I will inform the EA CMs about this problem and will come back to you as soon as I hear something from them. 

It could also be helpful if you send a Origin error report from your side. (in Origin, menu top left corner > help > Origin Error Reporter (choose "Offline Mode")

Message 110 of 281 (964 Views)