Re: Can't play Origin sign-in games without Internet connection

by strambolangolo

Original Post

@Sapphic_Frazer

The single player part of ME3 works in offline mode if you registered the game online before.

A possible solution for your problem is in the post directly above yours.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 81 of 281 (5,631 Views)

[ Edited ]

You can play almost all Origin Single Player Games offline.

The games must be authorized online at the first time you start them, after that you can set Origin to offline mode.

Note: That also counts for single player DLCs. (New DLCs must also be authorised online at the first time you start the game with them.)

Troubleshooting

If a Game wont start in Origin's offline mode:

- Close Origin completely.

- Disable your internet connection. (pull the plug or disable the network adapter in the Windows Device manager or the Network Connections.

- Start Origin > login (that is also required in offline mode.) > Start the Game.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 82 of 281 (261,489 Views)

★★★ Newbie
However when we purchase the game we are buying the license and full game as well as all the rights of buyingthe game. That being said either make it so that the computer can run it always without being connected to the Internet after downloading or make it possible to create a start up disc to be able to run it without Internet. Otherwise you are receiving money and not providing the service that was purchased which would be classified as liable and petty theft.
Message 83 of 281 (5,398 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The methods have changed in today's games. Back then you could purchase a game from a retail store and you could install it and play it on any computer, with NO internet access. The other option is purchase the game for a console platform which, don't often have internet access at home. EA and several other game developers have decided to combat piracy but requiring you to have a constant internet connection to keep the game activated. It is no longer a activate once and you are done, the game has to be periodically activated. So in reality, you no longer own the games you buy, the only thing you are really paying for a "license to play".

Message 84 of 281 (5,257 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I didn't know that Origin carried The Witcher, interesting ... DO NOT BUY from Origin, sorrry EA but I can't recommend a purchase from a service that requires a constant ON internet connection to play games. I was able to play The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on steam many many times during an internet outage ..... as well as several titles on STEAM. However, any games that required a third party client like Origin or Uplay, did not work. It's even more of a bother that to launch a game you need two programs running in the background. For example, to play Watch_Dogs 2 which I bought on Steam, both UPLAY and Steam have to be running at the same time to establish game activation or it just doesn't work ... all this does is rob the game for system resources ... steam, origin, uplay and any other clients all eat up system resources in the background. Fortunately for me, I have a high end gaming machine so it doesn't affect me but it is of great concern that PC gaming has become "internet bound".

Message 85 of 281 (5,250 Views)

@strambolangolo

@strambolangolo wrote:

I didn't know that Origin carried The Witcher, interesting ... DO NOT BUY from Origin, sorrry EA but I can't recommend a purchase from a service that requires a constant ON internet connection to play games.

Well, then you can recommend Origin, because it does not require a active internet connection for single player games after you registered the games online once.

Message 86 of 281 (5,234 Views)

★ Apprentice

This does not work. I follow the steps and when I launch sims 4 the origin log in pops up and when I try to sign in it tells me I need to be connected to the internet when signin in "for the first time" even though I followed the steps exactly as they were laid out. 

Message 87 of 281 (5,198 Views)

★ Apprentice

No, it does not work. 

Message 88 of 281 (5,192 Views)

@ladybreid

It should work.

You need to logon for the first time to register the game to your account and after any update of the game.

After that you should be able to play in offline mode.

Did you checked "Remember me" in the login box? 

Do you have the newest Origin version?

If that don't helps, clear your Origin cache:

All settings in Origin (only in Origin not in the games) are back to default settings after this.)

- close Origin completely. (right click on the Origin symbol in the task bar > close)
    - Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
    - Type or copy  "%ProgramData%/Origin" (without quotes) > hit ENTER
    - Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for the "LocalContent" folder. (The "LocalContent" folder must remain untouched.)
    - Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
    - Type or copy "%AppData%" (without quotes)  > hit ENTER
    - Now your Windows explorer should have brought you to your "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Roaming" folder
    - Delate the "Origin"  folder inside the "Roaming" folder
    - In the address bar of your Windows explorer click on the word "AppData".
    - Open the "Local" folder
    - Delate the "Origin"  folder inside the  "Local" folder
    - Restart your PC. > test

Message 89 of 281 (5,159 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Holger1405 

I've had the game registered since it came out, everything is always up to date, all steps followed and still the only way to play off line is to first be on line then disconnect. Thank you though for taking the time to try to solve this. 

Message 90 of 281 (5,133 Views)